Author Topic: Malossi Clutch for Kymco Yager 200  (Read 1377 times)

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
Malossi Clutch for Kymco Yager 200
« on: April 22, 2016, 09:27:45 PM »
Malossi has a new Maxi Fly clutch. We got the first one shipped to the US and put it in about a month ago, and it's a lot better at take-off than the stock one. When we switched out the Variator and belt, the Clutch Bell was blued, and the stock clutch was shuddering on take-off. The Malossi Clutch is definitely a good replacement for the stock clutch and well worth $80. It's part M5217088 or 5217088B. If only there was a good sport level aftermarket bell that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I've been trying without success to get someone from Italy to ship me a Polini Bell while they are still out there. The CIF bell is a good replacement for the stock one, but doesn't offer any improvements, from what I can tell.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:30:47 PM by KymcoRockr »
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

eakins

• Butler Motorcycle Maps
    • View Profile
Re: Malossi Clutch for Kymco Yager 200
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 06:09:29 PM »
Thanks. Been thinking at that one
https://scooterpartsco.com/malossi/malossi-master-part-list/malossi-maxi-fly-clutch-for-kymco-yager-200?zenid=tqgbedr13r42o5fh34kc48l4b0
So you just reuse your stock bell?

My yager has a distinct ringing sound from o to 20 mph too, like a ringing bell.

I'd like to get some Dr Pulley slides too.

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
Re: Malossi Clutch for Kymco Yager 200
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »
Thanks. Been thinking at that one
https://scooterpartsco.com/malossi/malossi-master-part-list/malossi-maxi-fly-clutch-for-kymco-yager-200?zenid=tqgbedr13r42o5fh34kc48l4b0
So you just reuse your stock bell?

My yager has a distinct ringing sound from o to 20 mph too, like a ringing bell.

I'd like to get some Dr Pulley slides too.
You use your stock bell, or another aftermarket one. The Dr. Pulley sliding weights work great  until they don't,and then you need a new variator.  If they did give you any sort of advantage, don't you think racers would use them?
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()