Scooters - 125 to 300 > Bet & Win 250

Bad cdi symptoms

(1/1)

allanseth23:
Hello everyone. Has anybody experience a failing or bad cdi? What are the symptoms? My b&w250 idles fine. But on sudden acceleration it lacks the kick of a 250cc its like accelerating on high gear, full throttle is like the same as half throttle no passing of power, ignition timing is off the mark using timing light. Any thoughts or comments.

mrbios:

--- Quote from: allanseth23 on May 09, 2016, 10:34:38 AM ---Hello everyone. Has anybody experience a failing or bad cdi? What are the symptoms? My b&w250 idles fine. But on sudden acceleration it lacks the kick of a 250cc its like accelerating on high gear, full throttle is like the same as half throttle no passing of power, ignition timing is off the mark using timing light. Any thoughts or comments.

--- End quote ---

I doubt it is the CDI which is all electronic with no moving parts.  Most likely a vacuum leak or possibly vacuum leak in the diaphragm which makes the slide of the carburetor fail to lift which cause the exact symptoms you are describing. 

Did you ever figure it out?

GeraldSot:
Anyone have experiences with a bad fuel pressure regulator/damper? If so, what are some common symptoms?

CROSSBOLT:
What are you experiencing and on what machine are you experiencing it?

Viper254:
Have you got a belt and roller type drive? If so, perhaps the rollers are worn? Very cheap fix if so...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version