Author Topic: Starter starting by itself and running on Freeway 2010 People S 250  (Read 814 times)

Ernst

• View Profile
I have been taking the freeway to school and traveling at speeds of 65 mph to 75 mph and the starter has been coming on and stays running. Drains the battery.

I have changed out the solenoid and the problem is still there.
 I can Squeeze the brake and hit the starter button and that will stop the running starter most of the time. I have to be able to hear it before I know it's running so freeway rides are where my battery boils.

Today I decided to install a kill switch inline to the solenoid thinking I have a problem with the starter circuit. I was checking to see that my splices and wiring were good and the scooter started as expected and starter stayed running so I opened the circuit and the starter did not go off with an open circuit so as usual I tapped the solenoid and the starter did stop running however with the solenoid start circuit still open ( wires not hooked together ) the starter restarted by itself after 3 or 4 seconds and ran again until I tapped the solenoid.
 This "sticky starter tap the solenoid" problem used to be a "on starting it would stick only" problem. This " Turns itself on " problem is new with the possible exception of one time last year but I am not sure on that one.

I have now taken to staying at speeds below 65 mph and taking the back roads. I can hear when I stop at a stop sign. This has been my normal usage meaning I usually keep it below 65 MPH and I usually do not use the freeway.

I read that this might be a ground issue.
 I am considering replacing the starter.
Honestly I am scratching my head on this one.  I do not understand how the Solenoid is being activated if it's unplugged from the start circuit.

Any ideas of advice on how I can fix this?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()