Author Topic: mystery starting problem  (Read 5581 times)

Rozz

• Picture taken on Mount Smokey, Cape Breton
    • View Profile
Re: mystery starting problem
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 11:01:40 PM »
Actually I'm grateful they didn't charge me for the storage.
Rozz
2008 Xciting 500ri (Hers)
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900cc (His)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 02:16:53 AM »
Besides it is too cold to ride in Cana-dia. Do you have a part# for the new starter? I'm sure some others would love to jump on that one! Happy Easter Sis!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Rozz

• Picture taken on Mount Smokey, Cape Breton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 03:15:34 AM »
No, I don't have a part no.
Back when the problem first started, my dealer mentioned that he had heard about a heavier duty faster turning starter for the 500.  We had decided we were going to get it anyway before my starter failed.  It took a while for it to arrive as it had to come from Taiwan.  He did tell me it was expensive. 
I have had some very attentive service from my dealer and I am happy that he has done all that he has, at the same time I suspect that there may be a problem with the starter on this machine.  I would love to hear if others have had this problem and how they dealt with it.
Well, Zombie, it sure as hell is cold in Cana-dia--but where I live is not as cold as some parts of the USA and we get a lot less snow than Buffalo in fact this year practically none.
Riding yesterday and today--temps are topping 70 and we are looking at more tomorrow and Sat.
Happy Easter to you as well and all the regulars on the Forum.
Rozz
2008 Xciting 500ri (Hers)
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900cc (His)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()