Author Topic: Bleeding brakes  (Read 11348 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Bleeding brakes
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 01:28:12 AM »
I just downloaded the service manual and checked it out.  Do you have a copy?  I'd be happy to send it to you via email.  It does say and show how to bleed the delay valve.  There is a bleed fitting on the delay valve you have to bleed it just like the calipers.

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 03:05:13 AM »
I just made a vacuum bleeder out of a reynolds handi vacuum packer. It is working great 20 lbs of vacuum and it is making bleediing the brakes so much easier
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Modding a scooter is a beatiful thing!

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 03:16:28 AM »
Whatever works!  It shouldn't be very difficult to bleed them via pumping the lever.  The way I do it is to pull off the resevoir cap, attach a tube and bleed bottle to the caliper nipple.  Then loosen the nipple, pump the lever without releasing it, close the nipple and release the lever.  Repeat until there is no air coming out the line.  Be sure not to let the reservoir run empty.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 04:16:20 AM »
Arkie, haven't you bled everything there is to bleed?  Maybe you have a faulty master cylinder on that side?  Sure hope you get it fixed soon.  I know you want to RIDE!  And we all want to know what the final solution is.  I guess I'm out of ideas right now.  Good luck !!! 

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »
Bought a one man bleeder kit today. Come to find out I had a lot of air trapped. Finally getting back to good feeling brakes. Thanks for all the support guys. Peace Happiness and the love of two wheels
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 04:10:30 AM »
Yea !!!  Let us know how it goes.   ;)

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »
Finally got brakes yay. No I am fixing cracked plastic and painting some pieces to make my Xciting stand out
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 07:56:46 PM »
Way cool Arkie. So it all came down to air in the line?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »
Yes and lots of it
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 09:53:21 PM »
Good deal, glad you finally got it! ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »
And the cause of the wheel locking up?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »
From what I can see the bike sat for quite some time
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 03:06:42 AM »
I have had a similar problem this weekend only the front brack of the combination brakes it would not bleed other than a small trickle..back brake no problem squirted out. I wasnt getting air out i intended to change the fluid on a 24000k service . Did nt do the balance valve as I reasoned  the brakes would bleed  if I didnt do it as the balance cylinder would be full before and after bleeding only the after condition  would have fresh fluid in it and  both brakes should bleed fluid as they were both connected to the same reservoir, however as I say the front one wouldnt ...any clues folks? is it something to do with the action of the balance cyclinder not moving and letting fluid to the front brake..the manual does not say how this cylinderr operates...I always presumed that while  the pressure was below a certain level the back one would work then the balance piston would move when the pressure rose enough and then allowed the front to work?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 03:15:21 AM »
I believe it works the same as a proportion valve in any car on the road. The valve itself (ballbearing)  simply floats against a spring. I would think the bleeder is on the valve due to the limited flow it can handle. I have not seen the manual on this one but I would think you must bleed the line to the valve first, then bleed the remaining line to the wheel.       .I always presumed that while  the pressure was below a certain level the back one would work then the balance piston would move when the pressure rose enough and then allowed the front to work?   I believe this statement is correct.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 03:25:12 AM »
I've got the manual if you'd like me to email it to you?  I haven't read the whole thing but it does have a nice step by step on the bleeding procedure.  You have to bleed the valve.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()