Author Topic: 2018 People s150 what type of fuses - flat knife-blade or glass cylindrical?  (Read 5801 times)

colbur

• View Profile
Took this picture at a hardware store today. It costs about 1.25US$

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

PS Jeeves here's another photo from my owners manual of the battery position, taken from a different angle - as you can see, the battery is definitely located at the front, not the rear. (Might this mean the fuses are not wedge-type ones after all? Or are you still sure about that bit?)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 02:08:50 AM by colbur »

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
Many thanks for your help & photos Jeeves. How are you able to see that the fuses are blade types?

However, I'm not sure how you're concluding that the battery on my scooter is where you say.

On the attached images here (again from my owners manual), you'll see the battery is not above the rear brake lights, but at the front of the scooter behind a panel.

Were you maybe looking at an online manual for an older version of this scooter? Mine is the 2018 model, and these images I've posted on our thread are all from this 2018 model's printed owners manual.

As we're talking at cross purposes re the battery's position, might this also mean that my fuses might not be the wedge/blade type you've concluded they are? Or is something you haven't mentioned making you certain they're this type of fuse, rather than glass cylinder ones?

Hate to be a pest, but any further clarity from you would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers.

(Also see my next reply for another pic of battery position, photographed from a different angle)

Ups...you know the saying :"Assumption is the mother of all fu..ups"  :-[
From the picture you posted it looked like the battery is in the rear, but I see that I was wrong. Sorry   :-\

On the same picture you can clearly see a standard blade type fuse, so it's probably the type of fuse in your scoot.
I circled the place where I presume the fuse holders are, but after being wrong a few times I will restrain from giving anymore "good" advice.

I would open up the front, as shown in your manual, and take a look.

Good luck.

Jeeves over and out.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:51:32 AM by jeeves »
Agility City 125

colbur

• View Profile

Ups...you know the saying :"Assumption is the mother of all fu..ups"  :-[
From the picture you posted it looked like the battery is in the rear, but I see that I was wrong. Sorry   :-\

On the same picture you can clearly see a standard blade type fuse, so it's probably the type of fuse in your scoot.
I circled the place where I presume the fuse holders are, but after being wrong a few times I will restrain from giving anymore "good" advice.

I would open up the front, as shown in your manual, and take a look.

Good luck.

Jeeves over and out.

Thanks Jeeves for your illustration, I had no idea these were the fuse holders. I'll have closer look at these when the rains stop here (I just have kerbside parking).

You've been extremely helpful.

How might these type of fuse holders open? Push? Pull?

If you don't know, that's fine.

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
Thanks Jeeves for your illustration, I had no idea these were the fuse holders. I'll have closer look at these when the rains stop here (I just have kerbside parking).

You've been extremely helpful.

How might these type of fuse holders open? Push? Pull?

If you don't know, that's fine.

Looks like they have a cap on them that you have to open to get to the fuse.

Take a few pictures and post em here. Curious to see how it looks inside there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:37:34 AM by jeeves »
Agility City 125

colbur

• View Profile

OK, I'll wait until the heavy rains here subside, as I only have kerbside parking so want to avoid getting the insides wet.

colbur

• View Profile

Actually now I can't unscrew the front cover the get to the battery case where the fuses are, the screw is too tight and won't budge - (imagine being in a blown fuse breakdown, needing to change a fuse but unable to open it up!)

I'll take it to the dealer's workshop and ask for help, they'll have more powerful tools. Don't like asking them for help like this - when I rang to ask what type of spare fuses, they just said they weren't certain, but 'probably' glass cylinder type although 'not sure' what length and 'probably' a spare already in there, but that I should open it up and look. As I can't even achieve that now, I'll have to return to them for assistance.

Jeeves you've been far more helpful than the dealer's workshop, so thanks again. It's just unsettling in the interim, in case a fuse blew and I was stranded and unable to deal with it, but with any luck that won't occur and hopefully this back-up plan will eventually be sorted.

Cheers.

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
Actually now I can't unscrew the front cover the get to the battery case where the fuses are, the screw is too tight and won't budge - (imagine being in a blown fuse breakdown, needing to change a fuse but unable to open it up!)

I'll take it to the dealer's workshop and ask for help, they'll have more powerful tools. Don't like asking them for help like this - when I rang to ask what type of spare fuses, they just said they weren't certain, but 'probably' glass cylinder type although 'not sure' what length and 'probably' a spare already in there, but that I should open it up and look. As I can't even achieve that now, I'll have to return to them for assistance.

Jeeves you've been far more helpful than the dealer's workshop, so thanks again. It's just unsettling in the interim, in case a fuse blew and I was stranded and unable to deal with it, but with any luck that won't occur and hopefully this back-up plan will eventually be sorted.

Cheers.

Hope you get it sorted out soon!
Agility City 125

colbur

• View Profile
Hope you get it sorted out soon!

Thanks. I took the scooter to the workshop and explained the situation. Their desk guy, who gave quite some scorn, when it came to it couldn't open it up. Their head mechanic eventually managed, after much to-ing and  fro-ing.

Honestly you wouldn't believe just how complicated it was just getting the panel cover off - and this was their senior mechanic.

Turns out that what you said, Jeeves, about the types of fuses (i.e. plastic wedge) were spot on. There were 3 spares in there but how on earth I would ever get the thing opened of my own accord in an emergency is quite beyond me. At least now though I can show roadside assist what to do and where to look, in the event of a blown fuse. Nothing anywhere in the owners manual gives this info, photographically or verbally, it's all left to the imagination. Sometimes I hate being a non-tech head lol

Cheers again for your input.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
Thanks. I took the scooter to the workshop and explained the situation. Their desk guy, who gave quite some scorn, when it came to it couldn't open it up. Their head mechanic eventually managed, after much to-ing and  fro-ing.

Honestly you wouldn't believe just how complicated it was just getting the panel cover off - and this was their senior mechanic.

Turns out that what you said, Jeeves, about the types of fuses (i.e. plastic wedge) were spot on. There were 3 spares in there but how on earth I would ever get the thing opened of my own accord in an emergency is quite beyond me. At least now though I can show roadside assist what to do and where to look, in the event of a blown fuse. Nothing anywhere in the owners manual gives this info, photographically or verbally, it's all left to the imagination. Sometimes I hate being a non-tech head lol

Cheers again for your input.

Maybe you should forward a couple of pictures to show how to remove the panels ?

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Glad you've sorted your fuse concern - now would be interested in hearing about your other two Kymcos which blew fuses leaving you stranded on the road! Which scooters....and what was the cause of the fuses failing?
Thanks
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()