Author Topic: Like 50 swapped main jet now won't start  (Read 3508 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Like 50 swapped main jet now won't start
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 01:12:04 PM »
It doesn't cover damage caused by installing parts to increase performance but derestricting it with the parts supplied by Kymco with their warranty and owners manual and tool kit shouldn't be an issue. Also while they don't cover damage caused by trying to increase performance it doesn't say that increasing performance voids the warranty seems like as long as things stay reasonable and I have parts installed by the dealer and have dealer do scheduled routine maintenance and keep records then everything should be fine. Like I said not going after huge gains just slightly better then scooter should do derestricted.
If the warranty is important to you, I'd email or phone Kymco USA to check on this. As far as I know Kymco does not sell any performance parts for our scooters in N. America. Doubtful that they'd warranty  anything that works to circumvent existing licensing restrictions, such as are imposed on a 50cc scooters in some states.
Stig
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 11:36:40 PM »
the jet and bushing are parts that they install on scooters in unrestricted states so it is a Kymco part and came unopened in the warranty and owners manual package. I just went past 200 on way home from work and dropped it off at dealer to do 200 mile maintenance on the Like and they said they would switch out parts for free while doing service and that it doesn't void warranty as they receive these parts with the scooters from manufacturer. Will pick it up tomorrow after work and let you know how it runs.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 09:58:45 PM »
 Well just got home and I have to say I am completely satisfied with the maintenance and derestricting done to the bike it handles great and brakes better and has gained 10mph on flat roads and gets about 45 or beter down hill I think this will help tremendously on my commute to work and just getting around in general.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 04:12:30 AM »
It was the float
Are you going to tell us what was the problem with the float - or are going to keep it a secret?

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 04:19:22 AM »
Are you going to tell us what was the problem with the float - or are going to keep it a secret?
It had gotten knocked to were it wasn't opening bent the tab some opened up and started up lay not be right on the money but it's been running will be changing next month once I have new carb, springs, exhaust, and miscellaneous parts other then bbk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit