Author Topic: Careful with your key-and dont loose the spare!  (Read 1044 times)

zevsdad

• View Profile
Careful with your key-and dont loose the spare!
« on: January 21, 2016, 08:27:10 PM »
Tried to stuff my jacket into the trunk along with my helmet---bad idea! I forced the lock shut and pulled out the key. when I went to start the bike, the key felt very strange-didn't go into the ignition. I pulled it out and looked at it---it was broken! At first I couldnt understand what happened-I was looking around the ground for the broken piece- then I looked into the trunk lock and there it was. Long story short, I got a friend to drive me home, pick up the spare key, and drive me back. Moral of the story- 2 rules:
1) dont force things----
2)  always keep a spare in case you forget rule #1

fest

• View Profile
Re: Careful with your key-and dont loose the spare!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 01:19:27 AM »
Thanks!
If I feel there is tension when trying to lock the trunk I know I have to rearange stuff in it as to clear more space for the lock to turn. ;)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Careful with your key-and dont loose the spare!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:49:08 PM »
That's the main reason I replaced my factory top case with a Shad. You can use the case unlocked if you want and don't need the key all the time. You can also remove the case altogether and carry it inside at night if you travel on your scooter.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:50:46 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()