Author Topic: Mxu 700i rev limit?  (Read 4224 times)

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
Mxu 700i rev limit?
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:44:44 AM »
I am curious to see what the rev limit is on the 700i. I have the uxv 700i and the limiter is set at 7000rpm. I was told by somebody else that the mxu is set higher. But they don't own one. So I'm asking here.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
Re: Mxu 700i rev limit?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 09:38:13 PM »
Nevermind I sold the turd. Lesson learned buy name brand. Kymco just not there yet.

Bratman2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:33:49 AM »
You call it a turd because of the lack of aftermarket parts?
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 11:46:55 PM »
No, since I rode something different I realize it is a turd. Just to many things I got to hate about it. #1 was the exhaust pipe that glowed red all the way to the muffler, that isn't right. Took it back to the dealer to get check and was told that is normal? No way that pipe will split eventually under that heat. Or burn down the forest. #2 was getting my ass handed to me everytime I went riding. I got the 700i sp thinking since it looked cool it would have some power. #3 the shifter also felt like crap going into gear, always had to tap the pedal to get it to engage. That is a royal pain when plowing snow, my new machine goes into gear flawless everytime. it worked and did its job, just wasn't for me.

Bratman2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 12:54:45 AM »
Getting your azz handed to you. Be glad you didn't get a John Deere 825i, whooping 44 mph top speed. Major gaps in the bottom of the doors that allows the front tires to drown you in dust. Heat from the engine will about cook you when it gets anywhere near 90 outside. Turns nearly 6k at 30 mph. Sucks fuel out of its 5.5 gal gas tank like no tomorrow too! Do ride good and have good acceleration. I would not plunk my money down for one but the company I work for bought about 50 of them. Just saying!
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2010 Grizzly 450

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 11:22:17 PM »
I did really like my kymco, I do like to bust balls also. I just basically got ripped by the salesman, I am the type that can't let stuff alone, and don't have the right tools to do a wicked al conversion. The salesman told me this and that and in the end it tried ordering parts and there was none available. And I am still positive there was something wrong with mine, It had to be running lean or something to make the exhaust glow and backfire a lot. Sometimes it would quit and not want to start right back up. That gets a little scary when u are far out the trails. As for John Deere thanks for the warning, but I'll never get one of them. I will prolly buy another kymco next spring, I am looking at the mongoose 300 for my son. Price is unbelievable.

Bratman2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 02:03:46 AM »
The John Deere crackles and makes a racket when you let off the gas. Wonder if the exhaust glows too! The department next to me has an older Bobcat and it is lots better than the JD. Doors actually fit fairly tight, engine doesn't sound so thrashy, bigger fuel tank and much better engine heat management. It has the Polaris 570 engine.

Like you I can't leave much alone. Guess I will have to leave my 450i alone as there is not much to buy and it is under warranty. It will hand my Grizzly 450 it's butt easily.
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2010 Grizzly 450

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 03:10:52 AM »
If I find there is a decent market for product for the 450, I will work on it too. My time for this next year is going to be tight so I am not sure what will have the highest priority. The 450 is a nice unit though. What products would you want? Motor, suspension, other?

Bratman2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 12:16:08 PM »
For my riding the suspension is great on the MXU 450i. We have a fairly technical, small trail right off my property. You have to cross about 8 old, old skidder paths before exiting in a sand pit close to the edge of a swamp. Half the trail you really need to be in low range. If I was to add or modify anything it would probably be CVT, computer and exhaust, definitely not widow vibrating loud on the exhaust. I think the CVT is pretty doable now as they are many names out there doing them. EPI already has a spring kit, don't know what else is included. Dalton also has what looks like a roller kit and shim. I know little about either kit though being I don't think the market is flooded with MXU 450i yet, lol! Then there is Papa Slap clutch mods which seems pretty interesting and many happy customers. I think the first thing I will do is mod the cvt. From what I have read that can make huge differences, not that I am disappointed now. I guess I have some of Joe Marshall in me too!!

On the computer I would most likely wait for the warranty to expire but just the same. I have an 09 Moto Guzzi Norge. When I bought it there was near to nothing. One sole company out west sold a programmer, exhaust and air lid mod, total package would set you back near 2k. I held tight, eventually getting a Staintune exhaust from Australia used but like new, $300.00. Mainly because it leaned the motor out too much for the user.  Then a company called REXXER in Germany came out with a downloadable computer program, T1, T2 and T3. For a whooping $700.00 I was able to transform my Norge, that is counting the exhaust and I modded my own air box for free.. Bottom end power was increased tremendously and heat off the heads was reduced a noticeable amount, your knees could tell the difference, lol. Since then a man in Germany developed a user program down loadable to your laptop. With read/write capabilities, this was a giant step forward as many way smarter than me started writing performance programs (maps) and exchanging them for nothing. That is were I would like to see Kymco. It is computer controlled so I am pretty sure an adapter would allow laptop access. Then you need a compatible program and the computer is yours. All you would need is the brains to create maps for exhaust, stock, modified air boxes and it would be game on!! The MXU 450i is already a pretty powerful mill compared to Honda's 420i and Yamaha's 450 Grizzly. Just a 2hp bump you would have the power of the Grizzly 550 fi model in a smaller, lighter frame.

What do you think Al?
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2010 Grizzly 450

Bratman2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 12:33:03 PM »
P.S. sorry I feel so chatty this morning. Today is the first day of my 13 day vacation from work, Yahoo!!!!! Plus my oldest daughter arrived from Denver Colorado weds. I guess to narrow it down on the computer, low to midrange I think is most important because that is were you normally ride the most. Any top end gains are just gravy on the top!!! I do believe the Kymco puts out a touch more engine heat than my Grizzly. That would indicate possibly a leaner running engine? Cooler engine is always a good thing until you reach a certain point. Red exhaust unless racing or towing one heck of a load would not be too cool in my book. I really need to do more side by side comparisons. Joe has me almost scared to look under my MXU after a good ride, lol!
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2010 Grizzly 450

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »
Hahaha. There's the ball bustin, sucks cause I just got out of the dentist office, kinda hurts to laugh right now. Don't be scared to look under it, I never really investigated much why exhaust glows, prolly just my machine did it. And we comparing SxS to atv. I have met people on the trails with atv's and they love them. Just never seen another uxv on the trails.
Enjoy the vacation! Put some miles on it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()