Author Topic: ZX50 Starting and running problems  (Read 1502 times)

Kimba

• View Profile
ZX50 Starting and running problems
« on: June 16, 2015, 09:31:53 AM »
Hey guys, I purchased a 2008 ZX50 Bug Vibe 2 months ago with a blown electric starter and it started fine via kick start. I took the covers off and removed the exhaust and starter to get it repaired. Since putting the repaired starter back onto the scooter, the bike now refuses to start when the engine is cold, I can get it started by pouring fuel into the carb manually and it idles fine, though after approx. 5 - 10 seconds of throttle, the scooter stalls and refuses to restart.

I have cleaned the carb and all jets without success. Has anyone else experienced the same problem or have any idea what could be causing the problems.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ZX50 Starting and running problems
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:45:57 PM »
My guess is the vacuum line to the fuel petcock is off the intake manifold or the fuel petcock is jammed.

Follow the thin hose from the petcock to the end. It should me on a nipple on the intake.

If not put it there. If it is there pull it off, and also remove the fuel line from the carb. Try sucking on that vacuum line, and verify that fuel is flowing. If not, try blowing thru the hose. You should hear the petcock "pop" open. Repeat this a few times to get it free, and order a new petcock from partsforscooters.com They are around 9 bucks.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()