Author Topic: Led Lights Help  (Read 3190 times)

ddarkone7

• View Profile
Led Lights Help
« on: June 16, 2015, 11:45:04 PM »
hi all, i just received a set of led light today and installed them to the battery, but now they stay on constantly. Can anyone pin point me or take a picture of the headlight wire, so I can connect led wire to headlight. And if you have a better way to connect, I'm all ears.
Big Texas

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Led Lights Help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:51:33 PM »
What leds are you trying to use? Turn signals? Running lights? Headlight? Tail light? ETC, this info will help get YOU help!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

ddarkone7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
Someone suggested that i connect them to the parking lights, i have no clue, so I will pay someone to do it. It's4 led lights with wire, and 12v. If i leave it to the battery the lights stay on constantly
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:14:40 PM by ddarkone7 »
Big Texas

ddarkone7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
i ordered a switch and a stand alone fuse, led lights work great, the kit only cost me $14 on ebay, I went with green, simple hookup, run all the wires to the switch, now can turn the lights off and on at will
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:49:44 PM by ddarkone7 »
Big Texas

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:02:02 PM »
ddarkone7, post pics, let's see your mod.
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

ddarkone7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »
I'll take some pics, I put the switch under the seat and velcro ed it down and some black tape to avoid hand drilling more holes. I had to dig my holes with a knife cause I didn't have a drill.
Big Texas

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 03:54:22 AM »
That looks good, did you just put them on the back?
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

ddarkone7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 10:43:40 PM »
They are planted underneath the black bucket, 2 screws or use the adhesive that comes with them, I did both. The package came with 4 leds, I used 2, didn't know where to put the other 2. I ran the wires through the black bucket that opens up to the engine under the seat
Big Texas

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 06:10:14 PM »
NIFTY!

I am a safety nut so I wear a neon orange helmet to be blunt. So far no one has killed me because of that helmet and I hope that continues to be the case.

I like the idea of being visible out there and especially at night.

So I am sharing what I did to add a 12v outlet to my "Chinese" 150cc GY6 scooter as an example to adding any new circuit off the battery.

First whatever you add needs a fuse. Simple but true.  A simple glass 15A fuse and holder will do.
Second a switch is needed!!! No matter if you think it doesn't need one or not you really need to have a switch so you never have a dead battery.

Now many people will assume that electricity flows form the positive to the negative but that is not true. If you do not know what Positive or Negative are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_current

Please do not be discouraged! Electricity is simply electrons bumping each other in some kind of conductor like metal or your body for example :) Silly joke but serious at the same time... Still don't be discouraged read on.

So now that we have an idea what we are doing on direct current electrons are attracted to the POSITIVE terminal of the battery from the NEGATIVE terminal of the battery so we want to "wire-in' a switch to "break" or disconnect the flow of electrons with the POSITIVE wire.
By wire or POSITIVE I mean we must connect both the positive and negative to the device we want to power with wires.
 We want to be sure that if something is wrong such as the wires are somehow shorted to each other "short circuited" that we have a safety and that safety is a fuse. A fuse https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse is a device that detects too much electrical flow and burns itself out thus breaking the connection.
 So we want to be able to turn on the power and turn off the power to anything we wire into our scooters seriously! 
Switch! fUSE! 

I have added a 3 socket 12V outlet into my 150cc Scooter so I can have USB power and 12V power.
It is in the glove box of "Tweety" my lil' 150cc Chinese scooter. It has "backlit" LED so it cannot be on all the time and I wired in a single pole single throw switch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch breaking the POSITIVE wire connection.

So when i need to charge my phone or use the 12v for something I must switch it on. If not that the battery would drain with that backlit 12v unit.

I can be of help with electrical of the simple nature.

Ernst
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:13:50 PM by Ernst »

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 09:15:56 AM »
Show photos of what you have done.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com