Author Topic: Completely lost !!!  (Read 1672 times)

Daemon1

• View Profile
Completely lost !!!
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »
First, glad ive found this useful forum !!!

Heres my story.

Last month i bought an ultra rare and impossible to find here (I live in Québec) People S50 4T, 2007. A real gem with only 957 miles verified.  Mint. I ordered a complete bore kit 88 cc (Suzuki genuine), jet, rollers, Athéna strap, boss variator, performance air filter and unrestricted cdi.  The scooter runs smooth and beautifuly (as it did before all the upgrades) but the performances are far, far, very far than expected. If im rolling down a hill with wind in the back, i reached 72-3 km (Thanks the CDI), but on a straight line with no wind i barely got a stupid 65 km. (Stock = 60 KM Max)  When i have to climb a hill, (not very steep) the bike slow down to 40-45 km.  I didnt noticed any improvement in the acceleration nor in the overall performance. The only difference is the speed.

Im very disapointed, i bought the finest parts and took the best man to take care of the upgrades, but, heres the results... Nothing.

I wish somebody could tell me if its normal (Idont think so) or if we forget a very stupid thing to complete the package.  The only thing that remain untouched is the exhaust.

/Thanks for your help !!!

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Completely lost !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »
Why did you NOT initially select at least a 125/150cc scooter that would have been more compatible with your performance expectations . . as compared to "gaming the system"?

Daemon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:14:25 PM »
Strange reply.

First, a 125 or 150 cc will not be supported by the lower crankcase (Engine base) on a long run, as confirmed by many people i spoke to. I saw a lot of users on you tube with generic bore kit (80 cc) with the same exact bike, with half the upgrades i added on mine, getting much more power, better acceleration and nearly 80 + km on top speed. So, im very sorry to tell you, i dont get where you want to go exactly...

Thanks for sharing.

Daemon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:36:33 PM »
OK, sorry, think i understood what you really mean by ''initially get a 125 or 150 cc''

Here in Canada, the scooters over 50 cc needs a special driver permit. (Class 5c, i think) Wich give you the authorization to ride from 60 cc to 2500 cc class motor bikes.

The main purpose of my upgrades is to safely following the traffic without having to buy (as you recommended) a bigger engine block class.  My purpose seems to be the same i saw on YouTube.

Having a beautiful scooter and ride without to have to pull on the right because other cars are speeding 70 km + in a 50 Km zone...

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 11:34:58 PM »
The vids you are watching, anyone making comments below the vid?  Log in and make some comments, ask ?'s.  Also, why don't you add the performance exhaust?  You are running more air thru your engine but have it restricted with stock exhaust, I am not surprised it doesn't run well.  I am guessing you don't want the extra noise?

There is guy in Poland that has one of these scoots, maybe he will see your post and comment.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

blufx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 05:56:58 PM »
Why did you NOT initially select at least a 125/150cc scooter that would have been more compatible with your performance expectations . . as compared to "gaming the system"?
I think the answer to your question is simply, it's not what he wanted. He found a an older mint condition 50cc scooter and bumped the engine up. It's kinda like finding a mint '62 Chevy Nova with a four cylinder and dropping a 327 in it.
Looking back, when I said I wanted to be somebody, I should have been a lot more specific.

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 06:45:52 PM »
Did you check the spark plug to see how is burning? Valve clearence? Which roller weights uve used? Id go more to a carb fine tune.. you should be doing way much better with all those upgrades.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 10:53:34 PM »
Get a compression tester and see what compression you have.  It may just take awhile for the rings to break in and compression to come up for more torgue.  The bigger bore is not going to give you much if any top speed, but it should go up hills a lot better than the 50cc did.

If the compression is low, you need to check valve timing and head gasket sealing at the minimum.  One or the other may be off.
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()