Author Topic: New Kymco People 150 owner!  (Read 1992 times)

beltho

• View Profile
New Kymco People 150 owner!
« on: August 09, 2015, 08:56:41 PM »
Hello!  I'm new to the forum, although have been a scooter rider for a number of years.  My wife just passed her motorcycle test, and so we started watching CraigsList to find an upgrade to her 50cc scoot.  Yesterday we took a look at a 2009 People 150 with only about 1000 miles on it.  It was in great condition and my wife loved the feel of it (much better than the Buddy 125 we looked so), so we took it home!  I ride a SYM Symba and love that bike, but I have to say, the People is a great, solid ride.  I'm sure I'll be borrowing it from time to time.  ;D

Two questions:
1) Does anyone know of a link to the service manual for the 150?  The links I found here on the forum all seem to be broken.
2) The only issue with the scooter is that the fuel gauge is not working.  Since there are so few miles, I'm wondering if it's just stuck or something simple.  Any suggestions on what the check first?  We're going to bring it to the local Kymco deal for a tune up, but I like learning as much as a can about my bikes, so I want to see what I can do first.

Thanks!

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: New Kymco People 150 owner!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »
Congrats on the People! It is a very solid, good riding scooter, and you will get many years of enjoyment out of it. I absolutely loved my P150 - smooth ride, very reliable and easy to service! Welcome to the forums, also. There are some very knowledgable people here who can help help you out with your fuel gauge problem. I never experienced that problem with mine, so I can't help you there.

Many happy miles of riding to you and your wife!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

beltho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 09:23:43 PM »
Thanks!  I feel that we were lucky to find one in such nice shape.  And it looks like the fuel gauge issue may be fixed.  I did a quick search online and found that the float might just be stuck.  So I poked it, ran the scooter for a minute or two, but the fuel gauge was still sitting at empty.  Today, after stopping by the DMV to take care of the title, I filled it up with gas.  I started off again, glanced down, and the fuel gauge was working!  I about fell over (but didn't, thankfully, as I was doing about 50)!  So we'll see if that has any further issues.  I'm going to keep an eye on the odometer for a while, just in case it decided to get stuck while reading a full tank.  ;D

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 03:12:40 PM »
Glad to hear that the fuel gauge is working now. Hopefully the odometer will also come around as well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:11:23 AM by GLV55 »
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

beltho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 01:49:19 PM »
The odometer is working fine.  I'm, just keeping an eye on how far we've gone since the last fill up in case the fuel gauge isn't 100% reliable. :D 

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 11:36:23 PM »
Hey Beltho, you can purchase a printed version  from Cyclepedia for $19.95 which includes a year subscription to their online manual as well.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:40:00 PM by big blue »
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()