Author Topic: Wife wants me to get rid of scoot if I can't fix this problem - help!  (Read 2765 times)

cliptwings

• View Profile
My lovely wife has never supported my relationship with my People 150.  I don't know if it's jealousy or concern for my safety.  She has been looking for a reason to get rid of the scoot, and she thinks she's found one.  Here are the particulars:

My 2009 fully-stock People 150 has been running like a top since I replaced the CDI 2 years ago.  Today I was bopping around doing errands.  All was well until I tried to start the scoot for the ride home. Tried the starter - nothing, not even a click.  I know the battery is good, so I try the kick starter - success! It starts immediately.  However, when I apply any throttle, it boggs down in a cyclic surging.  If I hold the brake and apply throttle, the bogging occurs, but at a lesser degree.  For this reason, I believe it's an electrical (ignition) problem rather than a fuel problem.  Any ideas out there?  If I can't fix the beauty, I'm afraid my wife will win!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Wife wants me to get rid of scoot if I can't fix this problem - help!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
Find the bad ground.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
Try another CDI unit.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Bad/loose ground. Maybe a loose connection to the key switch.

Fix the scoot, and dump the broad. She'll never "get it".
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Lammy1000

• View Profile
Did you find the problem?

beermak

• View Profile
No sh@! Better fix it...if not its gonna cost u a divorce. Scooter aint negotiable..

2wheelfun

• View Profile
I would verify the ignition wire to the starter is hot when you press the start button. Could be an interrupt too in the brake safety switch, kick stand if equipped.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
Must be in divorce court now
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Maybe she had him wacked.

I read back on the thread, and found the post that said "Dump the broad".
I laughed at the thought that it sounded like something I would say. Low, and behold, it was.LOL
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:07:13 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

GLV55

• View Profile
Let's see......wife (holding up one hand)......People 150 (holding up the other hand higher)....hmmm, tough choice....
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()