Author Topic: Red Super 9 parts on eBay!  (Read 1320 times)

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Red Super 9 parts on eBay!
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »
There's a slew of red Super Nine plastics  on eBay right now from a cycle shop in new York. I can't believe the prices that they want! I did break down and order the glove box, cover with lock, and ignition with key for $55. The color doesn't match mine, but I couldn't pass up that kind of price. I wish i could justify spending the $1000+/- for all of the red parts, but they're not mint. I'll most likely be painting mine in the future anyways.
Just thought I'd share.
Also, a tecnigas trek (not sure how to tell that) pipe for $160 obo shipped. I considered it but the weld patterns look exactly like my unknown type of tecnigas so I'm just gonna stick to what I've got.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

DerekG

• View Profile
Re: Red Super 9 parts on eBay!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:34:59 PM »
I think I know which seller you are talking about.....his prices are hilariously expensive. Lol

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
As long as your happy and feel comfortable with the price, thays all that matters.  In tbe fiture I strongly suggest you check out KymcKymcopartsmonster.com They have the full (illustrated parts catalogue) for the Super 9. I usually get the factory part number there and order from my local kymco dealer as they dont have a markup on pricing and I dont have to pay Part monsters highly inflatted shipping prices.  For instance the center glove box, lid, and lock assembly only comes to $41.63 for brand new OEM parts!!  Some parts vary slightly in price depending on color. Like tbe Silver lid is $23.xx while red, orange and blue are $21.70 & $21.84. I plan to over time do a full resto while parts are availible.. Not that my scoot needs much.

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 12:56:30 AM »
I should've done that, but I was being impulsive. I wasn't aware of it being that easy to get plastics, etc.
I wonder how much the ignition runs from the dealer. I still need the lock for the seat as well. Now that I think of it, I really could use a new headlight assembly. Oh jeez, this may become an expensive problem....

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 01:23:25 AM »
I don't know why I forgot about that site! I'm going to log a lot of time looking up bits and pieces and writing down part numbers. My shop is going to hate me lol. I'm going there tomorrow to get a new rear tire installed.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
did some research on repairing scooter plastic parts, I haven't done anything yet, but looks like you can fix almost anything, with some epoxy and a little work.  cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »
Monster kymco parts . dude both my rear pannels are brand new and i got to pick color . ? Get your part number and order plastics are cheap . dont get ripped

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()