Author Topic: Hello All !  (Read 568 times)

relivingmyyouth

• View Profile
Hello All !
« on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:54 PM »
There does not seem to be the usual 'introduce yourself' section, which is refreshing ;)
That said, I wanted to say hello as I'm fairly certain that I will be calling on the wealth of knowledge that is evident within the community shortly.

I've just picked up what I hope is a bargain priced ' running problems ' 2009 super 9 AC for my son, who is 16 - legal in October.
He lives with his mother and getting consent to actually get him on two wheels was a mission, so I hope I can finally deliver on his 16th.

As much as getting him mobile; was the hope that we could spend more time together on the little project, which is working thankfully ;)

I'm soaking in lots of info on the quiet as I'm not quite ready to tackle some of what we know are issues, but when we do, I'll be looking to tap into the resource available on here.

We have a running, but intermittently cutting out Super. With that, I've not managed to get the electric start to work, but it kicks first or second time, but only with a little bit of throttle.  Brake lights work for both front and back lever, but no audible 'click' on rear lever. It has had some addons, from what we can tell and I'm not the most knowledgeable - Aftermarket Exhaust - Leo Vince, Cone type but appears to be unbranded air filter, receipts for Main Jet sizes from 100-120, receipt for Naruko 70cc Kit.

I've got to sort a rear tyre and get a feel for road worthiness - get the bike in for MOT and once I have a feel for what urgent test matters need attention, I will look to ask the community on what I should tackle first based on what I know.

Sorry for a waffle introduction but wanted to set a scene and say hello.

Looking forward to the journey with support but appreciate I do not even quite appreciate what we have so far as motor etc goes ;0 Great fun!

I can see I will be asking more than I contribute initially, but I'm sure that I will be able to actually feedback, constructively on solutions or fixes to issues as and when I cross the bridges.

Speak to you all soon !

D

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:05:14 PM by relivingmyyouth »

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All !
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 10:09:29 PM »
Congrats on the buy!  Sounds like a lot of the "make it fast" parts are already there!
There's a wealth of info here already,  so read up!  You may find the answer to your cutting out,  I had the same problem and it turned out to be the plug wire needing trimmed. I may get heckled for suggesting that,  but it's a good start,  being that I chased my problem for longer than necessary. 
Keep us updated!  I love hearing from new s9 owners.  They're amazing bikes!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

relivingmyyouth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:21:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I know there are users from all over on the forum so not quite sure on the typical terminology to suit all but I'm going for the road worthiness check (MOT) in uk to get a feel for where we are first. Once I get a feel for where we are - the priority, I'll roll up the sleeves for the electric start and cutting out.

The little scoot is attached ;) Not my bag lol, it's pretty clean so far as plastics go but needs some attention...

Thank you !

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »
I dig the color! 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()