Author Topic: No gas flowing from tank to filter, tank and strainer in tank are clean.  (Read 1089 times)

dotshouse

• View Profile
Hello,
My 2011 Kymco Like 50 wouldn't start last year so I didn't really screw around with it anymore. Up to then, it had always run fine. I presumed it was the carburetor. I finally got around to taking the carb off and cleaning it all out. I noticed when I took that bowl off very little gas came out. Smarter thing would have been to check the gas flow to the carb last year but missed that boat.

I took the clamp off the gas line I had removed from the carb and no gas. I pulled the line off the input to the inline filter and no gas. I can see in the tank and there is still about the 1/4 of a tank. I pulled the fuel level float out which is right above the screener in the tank and the gas is just above the top of it. I can blow air back into the line I pulled off the inline filter and see it bubbling around the screen. I'm just not sure why it won't flow out.

I tried to find a diagram of what is inside the part that is mounted to the bottom of the tank that the gas lines are hooked to. There is one line that comes out and goes to the filter then to the input of the carb. there is also a second line that comes out of the bottom of that piece that mounts to the bottom of the tank that feeds down to a nipple on the pipe that the carb connects to. I tried to blow air in it but it would not go. I'm not sure if it is supposed to create a vacuum and allow the gas to flow but if there is no gas flowing or sitting in the carb it will never start.

Any help?
Thanks.

dotshouse

• View Profile
After finding a better parts list on one of the other 50's, don't remember which but I know I couldn't really find anything useful on the Like, I found that what was connected to the bottom of the tank was called an "auto cock". a quick search on how they function led me to them being suction controlled so blowing air in was not going to do anything. I pulled the line off again, hooked a syringe to it and created a vacuum and gas started flowing. I opened the drain screw on the carb bowl and gas was flowing. hooked up some jumper cables since the battery wasn't charged enough yet and the scooter fired right up.

Now for the reassembly and testing.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
After finding a better parts list on one of the other 50's, don't remember which but I know I couldn't really find anything useful on the Like, I found that what was connected to the bottom of the tank was called an "auto cock". a quick search on how they function led me to them being suction controlled so blowing air in was not going to do anything. I pulled the line off again, hooked a syringe to it and created a vacuum and gas started flowing. I opened the drain screw on the carb bowl and gas was flowing. hooked up some jumper cables since the battery wasn't charged enough yet and the scooter fired right up.

Now for the reassembly and testing.

You got it!!! The petcock has to have vacuum applied to open!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()