Author Topic: Motorcycle riding gear just doesn't cut it anymore  (Read 9461 times)

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
Re: Motorcycle riding gear just doesn't cut it anymore
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »
if anyone every go down they are going to wish they look like a power ranger...if you scoot can do fifty you want the same protection as a motocycle with higher speeds

+1 great points

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

daybeau

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2015, 03:33:13 AM »
On my 30 mile (each way) commute the posted (but apparently understood as suggested) speed limit is 50 mph for most of the trip. Often, I have to hop on a limited access highway that has a 65 mph speed limit, but heaven help anyone who reins in his or her ride to keep her that slow. Throw in the fact that the first time I ever tried to ride a two-wheeled motor vehicle (October 2014) I ended my ride with a broken rib... You know, I have no problem looking like a PowerRanger, even on days that hit 92 F. (At 94 F, I did opt for something with a working a/c.) Modular helmet with integrated sun visor, TourMaster AirIntake III jacket, Scorpion gloves (or deer hide on alternate days if the sweat hasn't dried), Evo knee/shin guards, and Vulcan mid-calf boots. (Actually, the knee/shin guards go on only when hitting 65 mph is part of the plan.)

(Couldn't resist tossing in these photos knowing how much Stig admires the lines of a Grandvista 250.)
2009 KYMCO Grandvista 250 white (only mod besides the top case is some JB Weld trying to hold the left mirror mount together)

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 04:41:36 AM »
 I normally wear a Bilt mesh jacket with Bilt black kevlar reinforced cargo jeans. The jeans throw off the power ranger feel a little bit.
 I also have the Bohn Cool Armor to wear under regular jeans or any other pants. They seem like they would be good in a crash.  I don't wear them when it is hot, unless I plan on riding the mountain twisties. They are like pantyhose with armor pads.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »
I draw the line at panty hose, no way in hell I'm wearing those. My junk needs to feel free, my ancestors fought and died for that right and I'm not about to give it up.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 03:25:09 PM »
I draw the line at panty hose, no way in hell I'm wearing those. My junk needs to feel free, my ancestors fought and died for that right and I'm not about to give it up.
;D ;D ;D ;D.            :o
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
I normally wear a Bilt mesh jacket with Bilt black kevlar reinforced cargo jeans. The jeans throw off the power ranger feel a little bit.
 I also have the Bohn Cool Armor to wear under regular jeans or any other pants. They seem like they would be good in a crash.  I don't wear them when it is hot, unless I plan on riding the mountain twisties. They are like pantyhose with armor pads.

Although a "price point" house brand I can say Bilt gear does its job. I hit the hard after a at speed T-bone and came away no worse for wear. Bilt jacket, pants and hat. Thumbs up replaced with the same except for the hat.

The Bohn stuff has left me luke-warm (downright steaming in the Florida summer)
Even with overpaint/jacket I question if it's up to a fall. I hope I never find out.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()