Author Topic: Setting Grand Vista 250 instrument panel parameters  (Read 1174 times)

Forefronts

• View Profile
Setting Grand Vista 250 instrument panel parameters
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:34:18 AM »
Neither the Rider's Manual, nor the shop manual for the Grand Vista 250 provided step by step instructions for the setting of the various parameters on the instrument panel.
There are three buttons - mode, adjust, and set.
The manual only refers to them for setting the time and date, but does not indicate how.
The other problem is that somehow, additional [unidentified] functions  are available with no instructions for changing, as well as how to avoid screwing up one parameter trying to either set another, or correcting a mistake
The additional functions are a trip odometer, a stopwatch, and the ability to switch between KMH and MPH.
Does anyone know of a detailed set of instructions for setting and using all these features?
I have sent a request for same to Kymco, but have received no reply. 
I keep screwing up my settings trying to make changes, the most frustrating is being stuck in the KMH mode
without knowing how to exit without screwing up other settings. 

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Setting Grand Vista 250 instrument panel parameters
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »
The additional functions are a trip odometer, a stopwatch, and the ability to switch between KMH and MPH.
Does anyone know of a detailed set of instructions for setting and using all these features?

I know some of them: time, date, kmh --> mi.  I don't know how to switch from 24hr time to 12 hr.

Besides kmh --> mi what else to you want to change?

SOLUTION:  kmh --> mi  1. switch the odometer from trip to total miles 2. press and hold the center button for a few seconds until mile are displayed.  Press and hold center button again to toggle back to kilometers.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()