Author Topic: Trying To Add Coolant to B&W 250  (Read 589 times)

Togger

• View Profile
Trying To Add Coolant to B&W 250
« on: April 04, 2015, 05:46:44 PM »
I want to top off the coolant on my scooter, because the level in the reserve tank window is just above the low line. Should I add the coolant to the reserve tank or the radiator? Also, is it hard to get to either. The manual says to take off the front cover, but it doesn't look easy.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: Trying To Add Coolant to B&W 250
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:58:10 AM »
Personally,  I usually fill the reserve tank.  Sometimes it's hard to do that.  But removing the Front Cowl is even harder.  There are usually self tapping screws in the cowl and the studs can strip out with repeated removal.  As long as you have some liquid in the reserve,  it should not be an issue.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Trying To Add Coolant to B&W 250
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 01:02:36 AM »
Both reserve and the bottle are easy to get to in the B&W. Just 4 screws to take off the upper front cover and gain access to both. Make sure to add coolant to the radiator when cold.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()