Scooters - 125 to 300 > People GT 300i

Sagging front suspension

(1/8) > >>

ST/SV:
Has anyone had any problems with the front forks sagging? I don't ride the 300 daily but the other day I noticed it seemed to be very rough and almost bottoming out on the roads I normally ride. When I got home I started looking at things and noticed while sitting on it the suspension was sagging all the way down to about an inch or 2 left of travel. I've never noticed how much it use to sag before. While sitting on it and holding the front brake and working the suspension up to its limits and back down to where it settles it seems that it's settling down way to low. Has anyone done any fork work like replacing oil, springs or adding spacers?

de dee:

let us know witch oil Wt. you  use and how much Wt does your scoot carry, you and pile on, if any,  feels like my scoot could use the same work, lots of rough roads here,.  60,000 km. and I weigh 220 after this winter,   300i DT.   

BettinANDlosing:
Changing the fork oil on my 250 made a huge difference. 10w BelRay fork oil. Easy to change, remove the shocks and drain from the lower bolt. Fill through the top. You do need large Allen bits.

ST/SV:
I weigh about 185. I'm sure it could use a fork oil change just because it moves up and down a little to easy. On the sag I'm thinking another spring but I'm sure it would be fun trying to find aftermarket springs that will fit. If I end up pulling the forks I may try a spacer on top of the spring. I have been looking thru all the threads trying to find a tupperware removal but found nothing so for. Man I hate to start breaking up the plastic.

BettinANDlosing:
The people GT unfortunately is a PITA to get the front legshield off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version