Author Topic: Aftermarket Shocks  (Read 1118 times)

ppd153

• View Profile
Aftermarket Shocks
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:13:36 AM »
I just had a great time in Moab and tore it up on the trails. I always love the looks I get in my UXV 500. The thing can go everywhere but the shocks do suck. Any idea where we can get aftermarket shocks?

laidback

• View Profile
Re: Aftermarket Shocks
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:24:02 AM »
I've read on the rhino forums they use Kawasaki terex shocks. I don't know if they will fit the uxv if you have a buddy that has one try to see if one will fit.

pndwv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:44:58 PM »
Good idea better shocks would help my ride is ok just would like some more ground clearance

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 05:41:59 AM »
I am developing a long travel, stock width suspension for the 700/500 platform. It will give you 12" of front wheel travel and 13.5" of rear wheel travel. The prototype arms should be done next week. The front end can be improved without the arms and just the right shock, but the back end is a bit more tricky due to the tight fit between the shock and axle.

ppd153

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 03:13:29 AM »
Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing the new shocks Wicked Al. I actually just traded in my 500 SE and bought a 700 SP. What a difference. The machine is awesome and the ride is smooth. I looked at a few other brands but had to stay with the Kymco.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 03:50:32 AM »
I am writing up my race report right now. If you like the SP, you are going to love my suspension kit. I didn't get the arms done in time for the race, so I am still shy a couple of inches of travel front and back, but the shocks worked great. I was catching air and hitting all types of whoops with only a couple of issues. The really deep whoops will require a bit more travel and I bottomed out the rear on a flat landing on a tabletop....but not by much! All in all very happy with the shocks and can't wait to get them dialed in with the full travel.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()