Author Topic: Non runner....  (Read 757 times)

Peter62

• View Profile
Non runner....
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »
Hey guys newbie here,

I bought a Kymco Agility 125 for my girlfriend its a non runner.

I have checked everything and cleaned the carb, gap checked the plug, checked the valve clearances etc and it will not run at all, I have spark compression and fuel and have tried both starter and kick.

On the other had the lights don't work when the ignition is on only the indicator and passing light work nothing else lights up not even brake light, Any ideas if this could be the issue its not starting?

Could anyone help me with finding the timing marks on the flywheel because someone may have tampered with the timing.

ALL suggestion are welcome many thanks,
Peter

Jim Moore

• View Profile
Re: Non runner....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:15:34 PM »
The Kymco is a little different from a typical GY6. There is a T stamped on the flywheel / rotor. You line it up with a cutout on the housing near the top. Center the T in the cutout. At that point the two small holes on the cam gear should be aligned with the edge of the head, and the big hole in the cam gear should at the top.

The other big difference in the agility 125 is the intake and exhaust are both set to 0.12mm, which I'm told is different from a typical GY6.

Peter62

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »
Thanks for you reply. Any ideas on the lighting issue or do the lights only work when the engine its idling? but if that was the case I'd expect the pass light not to work untill the engine is running....

Thanks, Peter

Jim Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 02:05:43 PM »
The head light doesn't work unless the engine is running. On my bike all the other lights seem to work with the key on and engine off. Brake lights, blinkers, fuel gauge, etc.  speaking of the fuel gauge, you have gas, right?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »
Did you open the carb all the way and clear every jet, especially the idle jet?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()