Author Topic: have stock carb, what jets to order?  (Read 6395 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: have stock carb, what jets to order?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 02:12:03 AM »
keep us updated...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 06:39:43 AM »
Yes,  please do.  I've been following this thread.  I have the 35/82 setup right now and am waiting for my new jets in the mail. I'm eager to know what effect it will have for my top end.
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »
I am still having some issues with it starting up and continuing to run.  I ordered some Sea Foam and plan to add some to gas tank, hopefully will help.  I am pretty sure it is the auto petcock being cranky, and think it will get better as I ride it more.  I recently unplugged the CDI green wire and it doesn't cut out at approx 40mph anymore.  I took it out tonight and think I hit pretty close to 50mph.  It runs nice, but gas mileage is not so good lol's.

I also ordered some Amsoil Interceptor oil.  Did some research and seemed to be the oil to get.

I rode a stock 05 Piaggio Typhoon 50cc 2T tonight, maybe buying another scooter.  Nice scooter, but my S9 is a rocket compared to this one.  I wonder how much $'s would take to get it run like my S9?  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 05:53:11 AM »
You're getting it by yourself. That's a great thing...
2 stroke scooters are a royal pain in the azz.
The funny thing (for me) is you have one of the bikes that there are no real after-market parts for. The flip side is it runs better than the ones that there are parts for.

To get a Pig to compare you have to put about three grand into one. The S9 will beat them at every corner (OEM), and still be worth as much at trade in, and more as a re-sale.

Keep the 9, and at least have a "Buffalo Nickel" at home. They don't make them anymore. For 50cc's they were too fast for the American/Imperialist pigs!(I'm honorary non whatever)
 I mean they are good scoots.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:08:41 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Triesandluth

• View Profile
have stock carb, what jets to order?
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 07:13:08 PM »
I've tried to upjet.  Tossed in a 90. As I was nearing top speed it straight up died.  Changed down to 85. Then it started the good ol die while idling fuss again.  Sigh.  Only after it runs wide open.  Hell,  I should've left the vacuum leak I had from the reed cage gasket.  Didn't die then...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »
Stay w/ the 85 main, and go up on the pilot jet. There is some "bleed" from the main at idle so the bigger main (90) was allowing more fuel for idle.

I have a Vacuum leak tester if you want to borrow it. I can send it out to you, and then you can forward it to Bet & loosin for me.
 It's impossible to tune if there is a leak somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:13:47 PM by zombie »

Triesandluth

• View Profile
have stock carb, what jets to order?
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 03:03:56 AM »
I changed back to the 82 today. I'll probably try the 85 after I get new pilots,  and have a good day to plug chop. I also set the float a bit higher.  I almost thought it was solved, ran it to the store,  making sure to stop completely at signs, etc,  to let it get to the dying point and it seemed fine,  even with my lowered rpm I set to after reading some other threads. but I gave it a little longer of a wide open run,  just joy riding and it tried to quit on me pulling in to a lot.  A few throttle bumps until it leveled out kept it running. Then driving it home it seemed fine,  pulled into the car port and let it run.  Stayed fine... I need to order a set of pilots,  I only ordered mains. 

I also readjusted my air filter a bit,  opened up the port under the body a bit more,  just for peace of mind, and made sure everything was sitting well.

It's been so cold that even if I were able to tune properly it would be in vain after winter. But I wouldn't mind testing it.  I guess if you want to message me on details to work this out that would be great.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()