Author Topic: Relay under seat, RHS, intermittent contact.?  (Read 881 times)

Kangoala

• View Profile
Relay under seat, RHS, intermittent contact.?
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:11:54 PM »
I have a dinkstreet 300 with ABS. I was Hearing noise when bike was switched off. I removed seat after some difficulty, it seems to be stuck at front near seat hinge?? Is there a trick to removing luggage box??. Found noise to be the relay. Was plugged in at both ends. I disconnected and removed. Now I have no rear lights or rear indicators, front still work with indicators flashing quickly. Apart from lights is the bike ok to ride? Or, does that removed piece control other necessary engine functions?? Pls help
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:21:14 PM by Kangoala »

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Relay under seat, RHS, intermittent contact.?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
You need to tell us what bike you have!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

MooseMax

• This space for rent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 07:49:48 AM »
You need to tell us what bike you have!!!!

Dink Street 300.

Kangoala - It's not safe to ride without rear lights. 
I could be wrong, but i think the relay clicks fast to let you know that a bulb is burned out, so check if the filaments are broken on all the rear bulbs.  If you need a new bulb, auto part stores should have them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 07:51:47 AM by MooseMax »
People 250
San Francisco, USA

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »
Is a Dinkstreet 300 the same as a Downtown 300i or a People GTI300? I am confused at a "relay plugged in at both ends." You don't tell us what the lights do before unplugging the relay. However, if the lights (turn signals assumed) blink faster with the relay unplugged, one can assume it has SOMETHING  to do with the turn signals. Could it be you unplugged the "Hazard Controller?" Does your bike have a yellow switch on the right handlebar that turns on the "four-way flashers?" That is the "Hazard lights?" Like B&L groused, YOU need to give us more information so we can help you.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 03:03:52 AM »
Yeah if it is the same as a dt300 the brown box with wires coming from both sides is a hazard control module. I've had one customer had one go bad, it actually caused the bike to not start!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()