Author Topic: [NEW] Kymco Pulsar LX 125 : 5 Questions..need answers.  (Read 2337 times)

EwOKiE

• View Profile
[NEW] Kymco Pulsar LX 125 : 5 Questions..need answers.
« on: October 27, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »
Kymco Pulsar LX 125 (2011 Bike)

Hi all I have 5 questions if anyone can answer please on this bike.

1. How do you change the oil on this bike as I didnt recieve a manual on a how to.
2. Is there any modifications I can do to this bike when the time comes
    ie.  change of sprockets for faster pulling away to get up speed and better at high speed without redlining all the time
          (partners choice)
          short levers for the brake and clutch
3. Change of exhaust for an aftermarket, if there is one any links or help
4. The rear shocks on this bike anyone know how to make them smaller, or replacement that are 1" smaller
    Bikes for my partner and have the seat lowered and the best I can do with the shocks but still a bit too high.
5. Anything else that benefits this bike, info please

Thanks guys :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:54:35 PM by EwOKiE »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: [NEW] Kymco Pulsar LX 125 : 5 Questions..need answers.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:53:11 PM »
The rear shocks are easy... Pull one end off of one shock, and measure the distance (center to center). Then go to ANY scooter parts house (on line/in person) and get a set that are whatever length you want.
General rule... If you go shorter you want to go stiffer. That prevents bottoming out. Adjustable is best

I mentioned it your other post to try looking up the Venox sprockets. These might have the same part numbers, and therefore the same aftermarket replacements. There are several threads here on Venox sprockets. Other than that... no idea.

Shorty levers are a standard swat out item. All over ebay ect

Muffler... No idea on direct replacement, but what I would do is cut the muffler off of the header pipe/measure the diameter, and replace the muffler with any one of 7,000 mufflers available. They either will come w/ universal mounting hardware or you can order/build whatever you need.
 Bike mufflers are the easiest thing to swap.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

EwOKiE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »
Shorty levers are a standard swat out item. All over ebay ect

Muffler... No idea on direct replacement, but what I would do is cut the muffler off of the header pipe/measure the diameter, and replace the muffler with any one of 7,000 mufflers available. They either will come w/ universal mounting hardware or you can order/build whatever you need.
 Bike mufflers are the easiest thing to swap.

Regarding what you mentioned above
Looked at the shorty levers but didnt want to order incase wrong fitment or size, asking incase anyone else purchased them
Do you have a link or will any one from ebay do the job?

The muffler, take it you mean the exhaust end(UK term  :D) do you have any pics in what you mean

Thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

EwOKiE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 10:59:32 AM »
Thanks for the links, but by shorty levers meant adjustable ones  ;)
As the missus hands are a tad small so set them for her.. if possible

EwOKiE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »
On bike.. center to center on shocks is 31 cm so are these ok >

This: 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-QUAD-ATV-PIT-DIRT-BIKE-BUGGY-REAR-SHOCK-ABSORBER-SPRING-290MM-/281138206077?pt=UK_CartsParts_Vehicles_ATVQuad_Trike_Parts_Accessories_SM&hash=item417524957d

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SH011-Rear-Adjustable-Shock-Absorber-Shocks-Spring-Dirt-Bike-125cc-140cc-290mm-/370679123508?pt=UK_CartsParts_Vehicles_ATVQuad_Trike_Parts_Accessories_SM&hash=item564e328e34

Anyone know of how to do the oil change when it comes to drain oil?.. cant see any info online for this bike
Have found the small oil filter at the side but no drain plug?
Checked underneath ...nothing  ???

So I have just opened up the oil filter plug at the side and taken out the small thimble filter and left to drain oil will this be ok?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:08:24 PM by EwOKiE »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 05:36:02 PM »
I'm not sure about those shocks... You have to keep the Diameter in mind as well. Measure your diameter, and do the "contact seller" thing. Usually something listed for Quad/Atv is gonna be massive.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()