Author Topic: New Kawasaki J300 scooter is really a Kymco Downtown 300  (Read 18384 times)

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: New Kawasaki J300 scooter is really a Kymco Downtown 300
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2014, 04:47:34 PM »
If you mean this revew you have misinterpreted it.
The paragraph you quote is a generalised explanation of ABS, it is not a description of what is optional on the J300.
If you look further up the review under the title "ABS Available" you will see that "ABS control comes care of a lightweight Bosch unit."

ABS should be mandatory on all road vehicles.

and maybe non-slip bath matts should also be mandatory......
and maybe removal of all auto electronics, radio etal, should be mandatory.......
and maybe a ban all outdoor tile floors should be mandatory .......

Choice. Please allow me to make the simple choices based on my experience and skills. I think ABS is great for those that want it. In my near 45 years on two wheels ABS would not have stopped the 2 times I met the blacktop face to face.

Unless it would have stopped a tail end smack and a red light running T-Bone.

Be Big,
AMAC

www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »

ABS should be mandatory on all road vehicles.

Give me one reason skilled riders should suffer at the expense of novices? I would never want to be forced to but a bike with more expensive features that hinder the way the bike responds to my gentle touch!

ABS does not hinder the skilled rider nor does it make him suffer.
It might stop the skilled rider having a crash though.
At which point it more than pays for itself.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:59 PM »
If you research who lobbied for anti lock brakes in the US you will see it was the . National Assn/Mutual Insurance Companies,
Not the American people. Nor was it a consumer demand that triggered the installation of such devices.
While I do 100% agree that these devices DO save lives, I do not agree that everyone needs them.

Not every person is a skilled rider/driver. In fact I would venture a guess that perhaps 10% of the population (or less) are capable of riding/driving their vehicles at that vehicles limits.

MOST of the problem comes from people wanting bigger/faster. Those same people are the real issue here. Any mook w/ a hand full of $$$'s or good credit can buy a Porsche or a Ducatti. It's the majority/mooks that set the rules.

Just a simple analogy... Guns are far more deadly than bikes/cars. They are designed to be. The majority of gun owners are safe/responsible/trained in their use. Even though guns are far more deadly, they can/will never be banned in the US. Reason is the majority uses them in a safe manner. Unlike vehicles where the majority has no idea how deadly they are, and never takes the time to learn.Proof of this statement?? ??

Texting/eating/drinking/make up application/reading the paper/rolling a joint/putting in a dvd for the kids in the back/speeding/splitting lanes/wheelies... ect. You never see a fella at the gun range doing ANY thing other than safely using his gun.

I'm not arguing anything here. Just pointing out some of the behind the scenes actions that make things the way they are.

On the surface I am wrong about 80% of the time but my thoughts/opinions are based on what the underlying causes are. Same as repairing an engine. It doesn't matter that the piston seized... What matters is why. Replacing said piston is a by product of the cause, and not the task at hand. Correcting the cause is what is required to prevent an ongoing issue.

Love you guys! Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:30:57 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2014, 01:52:16 AM »
Regarding your absurd gun culture, never say never.
Whoulda thunk black people could one day ride the front of the bus?

ABS does what it says, it stops wheels from locking and this is of benefit to the owners of vehicles and people who may be affected by vehicle collisions.
i.e. just about everyone.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2014, 02:08:46 AM »
it stops wheels from locking and this is of benefit....

This to me is NOT A BENEFIT!!!! What if I want to lock the rear wheel up to slide? I am 100% onboard with having the CHOICE to get ABS on a motorcycle/scooter and for 99% of the people out there it is a very nice feature, but to me I just plain and simple DON'T WANT IT!!!!!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2014, 02:38:08 AM »
What if I want to lock the rear wheel up to slide?

Get a bicycle.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2014, 03:32:31 AM »
Why should bicycles only be capable of skidding? I don't get why your soooo obsessed with me "needing" ABS.... One thing you might not know about abs is it actually makes your stopping distance GREATER in sick conditions, put that in your pipe and smoke it. I'm only 26 but i enjoy the old school, the less involvement a vehicle has in your driving experience, the more pure the drive or ride is. This is my opinion, and most drivers and riders are to retarded to rely on themselves instead of technology. It just bugs me your trying sooooooo hard to convince me to want it, that's just not gonna happen.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2014, 04:37:43 AM »
"Whoulda thunk black people could one day ride the front of the bus?"

They needed them in the back to get more traction on dirt roads. Besides... They had all the white boys up front for "air Bags".
Simple stuff when you break it down. Cause/Effect!

What a day!!!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()