Author Topic: PARTS!!!!  (Read 647 times)

Hawkins654

• View Profile
PARTS!!!!
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:50:18 PM »
Hi guys have recently posted about my s9 ac not starting

So I gave it in to a garage to fix and they say that it's the stator or the CDI that are not working

It can't be the CDI as this was changed to an unrestricted one last week and hasn't been used since installing (brand new)
The garage have had a look and can't find a stator online.

I've found a few but not specifically for the super 9,

Wondering if anyone has had there's changed and where they ordered it from
(I'm in the uk)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: PARTS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 03:18:57 PM »
Sounds like they are guessing, tell them to actually TEST the stator lol. And the stator for your bike is the same as any other ac Kymco 2T.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

maddog21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 12:52:16 AM »
How much did they charge you to guess its easy to test as long as you have volt meter and have mechanical skills

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 02:00:51 AM »
I looked them up.
First you HAVE to buy the stator from Kymco. It is the ONLY one that will work. They are also all different from the AC to LC to Cobra to people, ect...

You could have a bad stator that immediately damaged the new CDI, or a defective CDI, and a bad stator.
I always swap them as a pair anyway. In your case I would go for the new stator, and try the CDI. Nothing to lose but time if you have to go for a return on the CDI.

http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()