Author Topic: Oil drain bolt size??  (Read 1646 times)

Scootdood

• View Profile
Oil drain bolt size??
« on: September 16, 2015, 12:35:21 AM »
I've bought 2 socket sets, and not one socket is big enough to fit around that dang bolt! Does anybody happen to know the actual size of the bolt so I can stop buying socket sets from amazon?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Oil drain bolt size??
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 03:41:51 AM »
Drain bolt is 17mm, don't know the oil cartridge cap size gonna have to ask Yager
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Scootdood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »
You are a gentleman and a scholar sir. I am going to Ace hardware today to buy that dang socket!

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
If you've got a Costco membership (or know someone who can get you a Costco cash card, which will get you into Costco), they have a full tool set in a large plastic housing that has every tool you'll need to work on your bike except for bearing puller, feeler gauges, and spark plug gapping tool. I got mine for only $100. The tools snap back into place in the plastic housing, so everything stays organized and neat.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 05:32:32 PM »
the filter  oil cap bolt size on the downtown is 24 MM.  on your scooter I don't know,.  I have two__( turdy_)_ year olds that use my tools, they know where to find what they want, but they don't know where to put the back,. must be what they smoke,  will be glad if they ever leave home,. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()