Author Topic: GTi300 seat  (Read 4330 times)

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
GTi300 seat
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »
I have a 2013 GTi300, and realy like everything about it except the seat.  I have seen others complain about it, but haven"t seen any real solutins.  I'm open for all suggestions.
thanx

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
Re: GTi300 seat
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
Order a second seat. Take it to an upholstery shop and tell them to put new cushions that dont suck on it and to keep it the original dimensions.  That way if they suck and do a sh** job you have your original still.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
if you decide to modify
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:39:36 PM »
your seat, consider some back tilt.
Most scooter seats and some motorcycle seats are tilted forward. This is a bad thing especially for men.
I plan to mod mine in the future. Add gel pad and back tilt.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »
It depends in what you want to do with it. If you would like it redone you can take it to an auto upholstery shop and have it redone. Call them first and make sure they will do your seat. I found out that some won't. You can try an Airhawk seat cushion. It's an air bladder system you put on top of your seat. I tried one and it didn't really work for me. I felt a bit out of control on it. A great deal of people swear by them tho.
   I fully agree with Boo about the tilt of the seat. I can't understand why they make the seat tilt forward? That's very uncomfortable for me and I have to brace my arms when I stop or I slide forward.
    What ever you decide to do please post and keep us updated. I'm going to do something about my GT seat sometime soon as well and would love some input.

Good luck and ride safe, mscmkr

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »
When I 1st purchased my new, I waited for the Winter time. Took the seat off & took it to a custom upholstery shop. He shaved a lot of the foam off & replaced with some wonderful gel padding. Came out perfectly. He also used stainless-steel staples (I live of the seacoast & rust in a major problem) It cost me $150.00, buy money well spent!
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »
It depends in what you want to do with it. If you would like it redone you can take it to an auto upholstery shop and have it redone. Call them first and make sure they will do your seat. I found out that some won't. You can try an Airhawk seat cushion. It's an air bladder system you put on top of your seat. I tried one and it didn't really work for me. I felt a bit out of control on it. A great deal of people swear by them tho.
   I fully agree with Boo about the tilt of the seat. I can't understand why they make the seat tilt forward? That's very uncomfortable for me and I have to brace my arms when I stop or I slide forward.
    What ever you decide to do please post and keep us updated. I'm going to do something about my GT seat sometime soon as well and would love some input.

Good luck and ride safe, mscmkr

Over inflation.
The thing about those Airhawks is when they are inflated right they look as if they are under inflated. If you pump it up and see any "humps" from the cambers it over filled.

Look at my signature pics. Both Airhawks are over filled in the pics.

Proper inflation is critical. That said want to sell your Airhawk?
PM me I can't have enough of them.

Be Big,
AMAC
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:45:51 PM by Amac1680 »
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 02:00:09 AM »
Hey Amac, actually it was under inflated for me. When I had it really soft is when it felt like I was rolling all over the bike. I have been using it again the last week and I have it pumped up as much as possible and it's MUCH better that way. I feel much more stable on the bike and it's much more comfortable. I'm going to leave it on and see how things go.
    If I decide to sell it I will let you know. Thanks for suggesting it and ride safe, mscmkr

karl utrecht

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »
one thing I have noticed with the GT seat is the tilt towards the front. I've had this problem with another scooter, and I fixed it the same way.

After opening the GT seat remove the two nuts holding the seat on..slip two 1/4" flat washers over the bolt under the bracket on each side...then, do the same with the two nuts holding the seat to the scooter, slip on two flat washers and reattach...the 1/4" or so doesn't make any difference to the scooter, but it certainly helps keep me from sliding forward as much.

It really is amazing how much difference that little 1/4" makes.

It's worth a try before going to all the trouble of shaving foam and reupholstering...you can do that if this doesn't work for you.

Good luck,

karlu

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 04:16:42 PM »
So far I have raised the front of the seat(thanx Karl U).  I had ordered a gelcoat insert, but it was too small so I returned it(using their unit of measurement, I guess I'm really well endowed).
Anyway, I plan on visiting some shops so I can actualy see what I am buying. I'll let you know what I find,

Budz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 08:04:01 PM »
my new seat!

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 08:26:30 PM »
Nice seat budz who did it for you? What did you do under the cover?

Budz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 09:11:36 PM »
Nice seat budz who did it for you? What did you do under the cover?
Thanks mnpugdog! Had the seat rebuild by John Longo motorcycle seat upholstery (www.johnlongo.net), great guy does great work. He used new stiffer foam to shape the seat geometer for my height and made new cover with new material. Bike feels like a whole new scooter, money well spent!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()