Author Topic: Dies very easily when letting out clutch & low torque.  (Read 5315 times)

ChaosMagnum

• View Profile
Re: Dies very easily when letting out clutch & low torque.
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 03:49:46 PM »
Yes sir.

ChaosMagnum

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 06:10:17 AM »
One other question as well.  What does it mean when you're idling in neutral, and when you blip the throttle, The revs go up, then WAY down ( almost stalling ) then slowly climb back up?  I get the feeling this may be connected to the poor off the line acceleration im having

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »
rich idle running, but sometimes its normal when the engine is not hot enough.
The reason is easy, too much fuel gone in on the bleep and when you shut the air going in to the carb you still have a bit of unburnt fuel in the manifold, causing it to idle low and climb back again after the fuel air mixture normalizes. best way to tune is to ride around until the engine is at operating temp then park the bike with the engine running, then bleep the throttle and play with the idle mixture screws, be aware that the rear carb might cook your hands.
do 1/8 turns a time on both of them and 1/2 maximum in or out will be the adjustment from stock setting, after you are happy with the setting let the bike idle for 2 min then kill the engine and cool down to examine the plugs to see if the mixture is ok for idle.
NOTE! this will only be helpful if you have two carbs balanced. it has happend that the carbs were not balanced and one cylinder was dragging the other cylinder. as a plus it will be better if you had a vacuum gauge hooked up during the tuning of the idle mixture screw because it does have a play on the balance also.

ChaosMagnum

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 06:27:48 PM »
So I noticed that as I turned the screws out.  It got worse.  When I turn them in it gets better.  Are these screws reverse from normal where in = more air?  However, it doesn't seem to matter how I adjust them, the bike still has crap acceleration from a stop

I'm starting to wonder if my CDI unit is faulty >.<  however I'm not really sure how to test that

Ok quick little update.  I tried doing some testing on the coils and wires and what not to make sure the ohms were in spec.  Which they all were.  Tested the spark.  Spark looked good.  So I went for one more ride and I noticed when I ride in 1st gear from 0 to about 15 mph,  It runs like absolute crap.  Sounds/feels like it's missing/stumbling and will continue to do so until the revs kick up, then it runs great and strong from there on. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:46:04 AM by ChaosMagnum »

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2014, 01:34:31 PM »
they are not idle air screws!! these are fuel screws, turn in closes idle circulation of fuel and out gives more idle fuel.
try closing them completely, if your bike still turns over and has a unstable idle then your choke is not working 100% or your air filter is so clogged up that its enough to keep the engine running even having so little amount of fuel when you closed the idle mixture screws.
when your bike is doing this sluggish pull on 1st gear... and pulls better when your rev increase you are most probably running on one cylinder. when the rev increase the running cylinder gives out more torque and horse power making you feel this symptom.
check the plugs one should be fouled or bone dry you can even feel the difference in temperature by touching the cylinder one will be cooler then the other until the water pump heats up the cold one. one cylinder might be on boarder line richness miss fire on low reves or clogged idle jets depending on the plug read you get.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()