Author Topic: Kymco scanner instructions  (Read 2864 times)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Kymco scanner instructions
« on: September 02, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
Anyone know where to find a pdf about that scanner? Stig, where did you get yours? Tried search no luck. Dang scanner arrived with no instructions. Brand new though in the OEM Kymco box and it lights up with the menu. I'm waiting on a tow truck to tow the like to the dealer to see about getting it fixed. I'll keep you posted with any news. Dang scanner arrived after I called the tow truck so no time to play with the scanner.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco scanner instructions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »
I only get the 1st page and the rest are blank, can you repost please? That's what I need.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:08:46 PM by 2wheelfun »

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 08:25:51 PM »
You will have to be a bit patient until the download of all pages is completed.
That´s a download link only. I have access without a problem at any time.

If your download problem persists for what reason ever, send me an e-mail adress via pm. I then can send you the pdf directly.

Edit: Don´t download it via Adobe Reader. It won´t work. There is indeed an internal error in the file.
Just open it with your browser. I use firefox. And it works.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:41:01 AM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:07:27 PM »
Thanks, says there's an error in down loading. Acrobat is up to date, just my luck. I'll pm you see if it works that way.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »
The tool is very simple to use. Just plug it into the socket by the battery on the Like 200I. Turn the bike on (You don't have to start it), then you will see a number of different options go to whatever you like. If you need codes, go to CELP and hover over the code you want to inspect and click it, should tell you what the code means.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »
Anyone know where to find a pdf about that scanner? Stig, where did you get yours? Tried search no luck. Dang scanner arrived with no instructions. Brand new though in the OEM Kymco box and it lights up with the menu. I'm waiting on a tow truck to tow the like to the dealer to see about getting it fixed. I'll keep you posted with any news. Dang scanner arrived after I called the tow truck so no time to play with the scanner.
The instructions I used were found on my on-line cyclepedia manual.
Plug it in down by the battery, turn on the key and it lights up - start the engine and you can scroll through the various read-outs of what your engine and some of its sensors are doing.
What did you determine by your CELP codes?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 02:38:35 AM »
Don't know, only had the scanner an hour or so before the tow truck took the scoot away to the dealer. Only played with it a few minutes to verify it would work, it lit up with a menu and all.....so were good to go there.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 03:53:28 AM »
One thing I learned today with a customers like 200, his was stalling on decel like i thought someone here was having issues with. I read the service book, it said specifically "do not adjust the idle, it is factory set." It then went about explaining the air bypass adjustment, tried it and solved the dying on longgg decel with no throttle input. You want to go to the view data screen and look for abv and with the bike warmed up should be no more than 1.5. Anyone with a like 200 should not adjust the idle screw, more so use the air bypass she located under the throttle with a little black cap over it. Left lean right rich, about 3 turns out seems to be factory and you don't need the tool to adjust, but remember where it was set before messing with it.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
OK Vespbretta suggested using firefox to open the link and it works, Thanks vespbretta I owe you one.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »
One thing I learned today with a customers like 200, his was stalling on decel like i thought someone here was having issues with. I read the service book, it said specifically "do not adjust the idle, it is factory set." It then went about explaining the air bypass adjustment, tried it and solved the dying on longgg decel with no throttle input. You want to go to the view data screen and look for abv and with the bike warmed up should be no more than 1.5. Anyone with a like 200 should not adjust the idle screw, more so use the air bypass she located under the throttle with a little black cap over it. Left lean right rich, about 3 turns out seems to be factory and you don't need the tool to adjust, but remember where it was set before messing with it.
I remember reading that about not adjusting the idle when my LIKE was new.....after I put in the Iridium spark plug and the idle crept up a bit and smoothed out at stop lights - I quit looking for ways to adjust my idle.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 10:55:45 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong but when I see there's an issue with the idle and there's an adjustment screw I'm fixing it by adjusting the screw. Guess I'm too old fashioned and that's not the proper response.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 12:04:06 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong but when I see there's an issue with the idle and there's an adjustment screw I'm fixing it by adjusting the screw. Guess I'm too old fashioned and that's not the proper response.

No,no....this is something I've seen on other fuel injected engines - don't mess with it. There are other ways to get the best idle.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()