Author Topic: Riding season pretty much over :( :( :(  (Read 1319 times)

arcanum70

• View Profile
Riding season pretty much over :( :( :(
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »
Well, here in Vermont our riding season is pretty much over.  In a week we will have a few good riding days, but then we are pretty much done until next spring.

But, that gives me a chance to chase down a service manual, and also to order a new variator, clutch and sliders for the Xciting 250 (need to look at slider sizes and weights though).

So, where you live, do you have year round riding, a longer or shorter riding season?  I know that many live where it gets cold and you still ride, but up here in the North East part of Vermont (and in the mountains here) we get feet of snow and we also get ice, not conducive to good riding...lol).
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Riding season pretty much over :( :( :(
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 11:54:57 PM »
Here in NE Florida its a year round deal, if your tough. July , August and September can be brutal but our "prime season" is just getting ready to start.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 12:07:22 AM »
NW florida, and I ride year round. I've never needed more than a leather, and ONE day last year I wore a mask/ball cap.

I was just talking to a bud in Australia, and they are gearing up for spring. Go figure...

Run ALL the fuel out of the bike, and add about 1/2 oz of either tranny fluid or Marvel to the last gallon before you do. It will smoke like a gang banger but it lubricates the rings/ cyl. walls for storage.
Change the oil BEFORE you store it so there is no acid in the case as well.

I believe in fogging, and bagging for cold climates more so than a weekly start up. Bagged it could last for decades, and fire right up when you put in a new plug, and fuel.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
  I'm in central New York (Syracuse). I'm also 70 years old with thin blood. The nights are starting to cool down, but some afternoons are still doable. Hopefully I'll get a few afternoon rides in to see the foliage. I'm starting to add Sta-Bil to each gas fill up though in case it's my last for this year. Change the oil, plug in my battery tender, and put on the cover and she'll sit in my heated garage till next April.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:01:24 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 03:25:05 PM »
Portland gets cold and wet in the winter, still go year round seeing that I don't own a car.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()