Author Topic: Like 200i won't start  (Read 1705 times)

tysonfchambers

• View Profile
Like 200i won't start
« on: September 18, 2014, 09:43:51 PM »
So, stupidly, last night I ran out of gas about 200 feet from a gas station. I walked over my 2013 Kymco Like 200i & filled up the tank. After putting in the gas, it won't start AT ALL! The starter is working, the battery is fine, it just won't turn over. Does anyone know what's going on with this, or what I can do to fix it/get it to start. I'm at a loss. It's as though if it's not getting fuel. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Like 200i won't start
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »
That is exactly the problem. The fuel petcock relies on engine vacuum to open, and simple cranking provides very little vacuum.

Three options.
Keep cranking for 10-15 seconds at a time resting the starter for 30 seconds in between. 5-6 sets of this should do.

Pull the vacuum line off of the intake manifold, and suck on it (no joke here) That will open the petcock, and allow the carb to refill.

Spray some starting fluid into the air box intake. Perhaps 2 shots of this will get it going.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 12:38:24 AM »
Make certain you have the KILL Switch turned on to "RUN"....if in doubt about what is "ON" and what is "OFF" try switching it to the other position and try the starter again after a 5 min wait (the scoot may be flooded from repeated attemps to start with Kill Switch engaged)

If that does not work...
Take out your owner's manual and read again the starting instructions. Pay attention to the instructions for starting when cold or when flooded.
I've drained the gas from the fuel lines a couple of times (working on the injector and fuel pump) - turn on the key, let the electric fuel pump do its thing to pump gas down to the engine, try starting it without touching the throttle.
Next try starting with a 1/4inch of throttle applied.

There is nothing seriously wrong with your LIKE....it will start when it is no longer flooded, or when the Kill Switch is in the proper position - or you wait a bit and try again. That electronic fuel injection is mostly dumb-head proof....if you let it rest for 5 mins and try again. I've dumb-headed mine a couple of times - but it always starts after a wait.

Report back if still having problems!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:05:20 AM »
I didn't see the "I" after the 200. I thought it was a carbed bike... Never mind!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()