Author Topic: Rear turn signal replace with leds  (Read 817 times)

lucianrus18

• View Profile
Rear turn signal replace with leds
« on: September 12, 2014, 02:01:52 PM »
Hello, does anybody know how to change the rear turn signals? I bought new ones with leds and I cant figure out how to replace them. Do I need to remove the back body plastics? I have read the manual but i coudnt find anything about this. Thank you in advance!

Also, How can i get access to brakelights wiring?

I appriciate your help!
Lucian

njagility

• View Profile
Re: Rear turn signal replace with leds
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »
I don't know what type of flasher circuit the Agility uses, but bikes with thermo-mechanical flashers often can't use LEDs. LEDs don't draw enough current to activate the flasher mechanism. You need an electronic flasher system for LEDs.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »
You have to replace all four bulbs (front/rear), and buy an electronic flasher relay. These are under 10 bucks on Ebay.

You have to locate the flasher relay in the bike, and see if it is a 2 or 3 wire set up. The replacement is straight forward.

I found every scooter I work on needs the seat/tub to be removed to put air in the tires (joke) so I imagine removing these will give you a better shot at changing the blinker bulbs...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

lucianrus18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:01:17 AM »
But i dont replace only the bulbs, but the hole body of rear signals and i dont know how to get them off the scooter. Where are the screws? and how to acces them? Really do i have to take off all the plastic body to change some signals?

I allready bought a electronic relay, but i dont know where is the old one to replace it. The service manual doesnt said nothing about this.
I am stuck!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:47:08 AM »
The original blinker is under the front cowl near the top. Turn on the key, and then the blinkers, and you will hear the relay clicking.

To remove the rear plastics you always have to start by removing the seat, and the tub under it.
Hopefully someone will chime in w/ the exact sequence back there.
The first time is always a PITA.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()