Author Topic: Agility seat and variator drive boss  (Read 966 times)

Annie V

• View Profile
Agility seat and variator drive boss
« on: September 13, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »
Hi there,
This is my first post. 

I’ve had the Agility 50 for a couple of months and I love scootering.  This has been so much fun but now I want more.

I’m in the process of figuring out the various restrictions and derestricting it.  The acceleration is better but I need to get the top speed above 40mph, which I believe requires a new variator drive boss. Does anyone know of a reliable place I can order this part and about how much? 

I’m amazed at how uncomfortable the Agility seat is.  It was so bad that I tried to re-foam it myself.  I’m also pretty short so I wanted to lower the seat as much as possible.  I couldn't get it as low as I want and tolerable to sit on but it's better; not great but better.  Has anyone else re-done the Agility seat with any luck?  If so, can you share what you did? I stapled the seat cover back on but not well.  That was the hardest part of the task and I don't want to keep messing with it because it will tear, so if I do anything else I need to make sure it's worth it. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ConradFr

• View Profile
Re: Agility seat and variator drive boss
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 05:37:44 PM »
Hi

for the variator you have this on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/49cc-50cc-Variator-Set-GY6-Scooter-Moped-QMB139-/271086930182?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item3f1e0a4906

I have mixed the originals 6.5 g (x3)rollers with the 8.5 g (x3) of the ebay Kit so i can clim big hill now also

Bye

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Agility seat and variator drive boss
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 08:21:36 PM »
Hi Annie, Welcome to the funny farm.

I did my seat, and several others. The best tool to use is an electric carving knife for cutting the foam. If you mess it up it is easy to find new foam at any upholstery shop.
When you staple it back use MONEL staples. They have them for any gun but Arrow is what I use. Monel will not rust. ever!

For the Var you can buy a cheepo on ebay that will last a short while or order a Jasil Top racing from spi or racing planet.
SPI has been giving dealer status to forum members making your cost about 45 bucks.
I have read this is over but I have not called them to confirm. I'm the guy that got that set up for forum members...

If you look around just google that var, and select the best price. They retail for 99.00 bucks US

I posted on the other thread to NEVER mix roller weights. The heavy ones do all the work, and the light one simply float.
If you weigh under 150 then 7 gram Dr Pulley sliders will work GREAT. Combine those with a Malossi RED control spring, and you have a winner. The control spring is the big spring under the clutch. That controls when/where the bike shifts up to higher ratios.

if you need help understanding all this... 

The guy that made this vid is kind of "hacking" the job but the idea is there
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()