Author Topic: Improved passenger foot rest/pegs  (Read 905 times)

rybob1

• View Profile
Improved passenger foot rest/pegs
« on: September 15, 2014, 05:45:49 PM »
My wife complains that it is uncomfortable for her, and wished she could rest her feet a little further out.  My thought was to see if there would be a way to securely fasten some motorcycle foot pegs to the scooter, but I see nothing obvious to attach them to.  Has anyone done anything to try to make the passenger foot rest area more comfortable?  I searched on the forum, but didn't really find anything helpful. 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Improved passenger foot rest/pegs
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
I think that will take some of that Thomas Edison kinda thinking... And a welder.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Silent Matters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:22:07 PM »
I was also wondering if it was possible. But imagine it wouldn't hold if a retractable one was screwed on the side. There are many for sale but not for scooters.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” Bilbo

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 01:28:51 PM »
For the front you can use those bar type that mount to motorcycle frames, and simply cut the plastics so they fit.
Problem is there are no frame rails in the rear of the scooter anywhere near where you would want pegs to be so you would have to Tig weld plates or bars in some manner to locate pegs.
The plastics will never hold a footpeg.

It's Edison or bust.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »
A set from Kawasaki's J300 might be the answer.....?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()