Author Topic: Front cover fell off  (Read 5967 times)

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
Re: Front cover fell off
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 05:45:02 PM »
I know how you feel...is it still in one piece so it can be put back on your scoot.  If not, are you going to make a warranty claim?
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 12:52:01 PM »
Is the screw that I circled in the attached picture the one that is supposed to hook up to the top of the front cover?
Scooter is stock

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 05:21:24 PM »
Is the screw that I circled in the attached picture the one that is supposed to hook up to the top of the front cover?
Yes, there's one on either side/ The plastic screw just holds the small plastic cover in place. The two metal screws attach to the front cover.
Wayne

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 12:12:48 PM »
Just an update, still haven't gotten the new front cover.  I've been keeping in close contact with the dealer, and called them again yesterday.   They said its a problem getting parts from Kymco.  I also called Kymcos customer service line and left a message to see if I could prod things along from that end, but was only able to leave a message to which I have not had a response.  The afternoon before the front cover fell off, I had taken pictures of my scoot, but had only gotten a close look at them when I uploaded them to my computerlast week.  The bottom screw was hanging out, so that explains how this happened.  Im glad it didn't cause me to have an accident...
Scooter is stock

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
That is a very real possibility I never thought of. Talk about dodging a bullet!

Hang tight... Kymco will come thru.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 11:57:27 PM »

Hang tight... Kymco will come thru.
[/quote]

hope you're right, Zomb-meister!
Scooter is stock

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 05:04:43 AM »
Sure. It's a 35 cent piece of plastic. They have bigger fish to fry...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 11:51:49 AM »
Can someone who has the 2013 take a look at one of the top screws that holds on their front cover--I'd like to know if it is pointed or blunt at the tip and, if possible, how long it is (from the flat side of the screw head to the tip of the screw). I took the opportunity to retape my front cover to make sure it's secure, and when I took it off, I noticed that other screws in the area that were put into those metal tabs like at the top of the front cover are pointed, but the screws that are in the holes for the front cover on my scoot are blunt.  I think someone screwed up big time--no pun intended.
Scooter is stock

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
All the screws that go into those metal clips will be pointed to help get them aligned/started.
All the screws that go into plastic threads are blunt tipped so they do not protrude thru the other side.

Reality is you can use either or. I have boxes full of stainless screws that I got at Ace Hardware that I swap out whenever I remove a factory steel screw. It makes no difference as long as you get the correct length for the application.

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »
It's not what I want to use--it's what they used to put the front cover on, and the blunt tip screws that they used evidently did not do the job.  I would love to know if that was a piece that the dealer was to install during prep, or if the screwup was due to the factory.  That said, your explanation makes complete sense, Zombie, and I suspect the short length of the blunt tipped screws did not help matters any, either.

I sent a warranty claim to kymcousa.com on Monday, still waiting for even an acknowledgment.  Told them I want all new screws, too, even though I have all but one of them.  We'll see how that goes...
Scooter is stock

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 10:34:19 PM »
And that would be??

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31:29 PM »
You've lost me, Zomb, but I assume your reference to "that" is about my fallen front cover
Scooter is stock

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 12:20:52 AM »
No Blackhawk, Maybe it's me but I thought there was a different post here before you posted yours.  Maybe I'm just loosing it...

As far as who put the screen on originally... Who knows.

I have a fear of bridges, and tunnels. W/o all the pyscho stuff... The reason is I never trust anything people have assembled Get a guy on his last day at work or a fella that was up all night fighting w/ his Gf/Bf whatever, These people do stupid sh**. Not installing a piece correctly is all to common in the mechanical world.

So now I have lost my mind too. Perhaps it's in my missing kitchen w/ my lottery ticket. Who knows.

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 12:36:41 AM »
Welcome to the Losing Your  Mind Club--I've been a charter member for years.  You post in so many places on this forum I'd think it would be quite easy to lose track of all the threads.
Scooter is stock

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 04:16:11 AM »
Why did you never mention the Lost mind Club?? I tell everyone about the Dark side meetings! Is this some kind of a zombie thing? I had hoped the world was getting past that tired old BS.

That just reminded me... My Paranoid anonymous meeting is sometime tomorrow. They never reveal when or where tho.

I post all over cause I like people, and a lot of people tend to stick to one board. I try to entice everyone to join in on everything to help out simply by responding to a post. Most of the new members here post about how helpful, and friendly this forum is. I like that.
I do the same thing at home or in daily life. Anything that is going on... I try to help. Broken boat/dog house/weedwacker... whatever. I like to fix things, and prevent people from being taken advantage of.
Not too shabby for a dead guy.  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()