Author Topic: What is this????  (Read 1764 times)

agilebda

• View Profile
What is this????
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:55:41 AM »
Can anyone tell me what this is for? Looks like some sort of http://www.ebay.it/itm/300921580671

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
Re: What is this????
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »
Looks like a cdi

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 12:28:20 AM »
It is a replacement ECU for fuel injected 300's. Supposedly it has a better Ignition curve, and injector pulse width.
The claim is 5-8 hp gain with a modified air box, and open muffler. 3-5 hp gain w/ stock components.

Not a bad claim for the bile, and I think the price is fair compared to similar products.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 01:33:06 AM »
I think I will try this!

Cheers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 01:55:53 AM »
Please keep us updated. I have done LOTS of fuel injection conversions on marine/drag engines. I am very curious about this set up. For instance make sure it has an AUTO TUNE option. You don't want to be setting injector pulse width by guessing.

I can help with the Ign curve if needed.

You might want to contact HPI (Horse Power Ignitions) in Belgium to see if they are familiar w/ the product or comparison shop w/ them. Keep in mind they are real close to Amsterdam, and spend quite a few "vacation"days there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:58:32 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 02:32:20 AM »
Good grief. All of that? I guess it's not a "plug and play" component. Thanks for offering assistance. I will keep you posted as to what I will do.

Cheers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 02:52:02 AM »
Some are P&P but MOST are not.

The usual method entails cutting off the existing harness, and re wiring it all into the new ECU.

The one you linked seems to be model specific so I THINK it is a P&P. You should ask if it is, and ask if it has Pre Programed settings so the bike will start out of the box.

It's nothing to be sacred of... You just have to know what you are getting.

Like a computer for the house. A box full of wires, and do dads scares the crap out of some people.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 03:10:50 AM »
That one is P&P. I am thnking about getting one to try on my DT.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »
I'd love to see your results. I have only run into ONE bad ECU over the years so as I said they are nothing to be scared of.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »
Sooooooooo...... Did it work?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()