Author Topic: Full face, 3/4 or 1/2 helmet?  (Read 25777 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Full face, 3/4 or 1/2 helmet?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2014, 03:54:00 AM »
Sorry~

It's all good. I have a lot of fun here w/ 99.9 % of everyone.

It's all a love thing. Someone always has to get slaped in a group of kids so ooo. I'll take the slap for you all.

Now i'm gonna jack for one second... GET ALL of the dealers we used involved with helping the forum. If we all CAL anywhere, and mentio the Discount" for the forum. They MIGHT pay attention to the ten second email linking the dealer to us with a discount...

This forum is Skads! He leaves us alone, and lok at the groups of people that have teamed up for fun. FUN!

We can pull A LOT business 's together, and save THOUSANDS of $$$.
I promise you I have done that by my self. Make yourself a dealer with these sites we all prefer! Use the keyboard to set it all up in half hr at the most? 5 minuets if you type with more than 4 fingers?

That was funny...

Sorry for the jack. Really.

I'm gonna copy/paste this because it is going to be my Standard jack till we get 5 new dealler account type arrangements.

SKAD!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I Love you most of all!!!!!!!! 8)

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 04:01:30 AM »
I wear full face, it has plenty of ventilation so I'm cool (well, not 'cool', I'm about the furthest away from 'cool' that you can be, and still be breathing) on hot summer days.  I also wear a doo rag to help when it is hot, because even with ventilation you will sweat some.  And when it gets colder I just close the vents.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »
Let me ask.

I wear a full face and the visor fogs up a bit. Is it ok to part the visor ever so slightly to get better air flow in. This is for a 50cc going 40 MP. I'm sure we have various speeds in this thread.

As it stands now, after only 2 months, my visor is riddled with bug and bits and particle hits.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:29:58 PM by Chris0381 »
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

nightriderrv

• Ride all the time !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 01:03:54 PM »
Full face for sure aside from the protection you get from it ever have a bee hit you in the face  :( it hurts feels like a rock hitting you.
2007 Agility 50 4T KG10SA
52MM Hoca BBK
Big valve head
24mm Keihin
102.5 jet
UNI filter
Aftermarket exhaust
Malossi Multivar
6g Malossi rollers
Stock clutch & white Malossi contra spring
Primary transmission gear up 18/50

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2014, 02:19:15 PM »
I went for a test ride just around the block last night with just glasses on and it sucked. Since I've wore a helmet from day 1 (march 7, 2014) it just doesn't feel right.
Wayne

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2014, 03:33:12 PM »
Yeah from time to time I'll take a short ride after tinkering with the motor to hear what's happening and it feels strange.

Back in the day when there were less important things in my head I loved it. Wind in the hair, ahh hair I remember that, and bugs in the teeth. Life was simple.

Now I feel naked if I skip the gloves.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2014, 08:35:25 PM »
Let me ask.

I wear a full face and the visor fogs up a bit. Is it ok to part the visor ever so slightly to get better air flow in. This is for a 50cc going 40 MP. I'm sure we have various speeds in this thread.

As it stands now, after only 2 months, my visor is riddled with bug and bits and particle hits.

In town I almost always have the visor up one notch for ventiolation. The only time I have it all the way down is on the freeway.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 02:10:45 PM »
Yeah from time to time I'll take a short ride after tinkering with the motor to hear what's happening and it feels strange.

Back in the day when there were less important things in my head I loved it. Wind in the hair, ahh hair I remember that, and bugs in the teeth. Life was simple.

Now I feel naked if I skip the gloves.

Be Big,
AMAC

I only notch it up 1 click to get rid of fogging and then it's back down again. Read a post on here one time about a bee getting through the crack of a helmet and what a nightmare that was. Figured I'd probably wreck myself if that happened to me so the only time I open it it fully is at stoplights while I'm waiting.
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2014, 01:26:41 AM »
I fill my helmet w/ mahogany wasps, and run straight for the bar. By the time I get there everyone says... "Wow, You look like you can use a drink"

Free drinks!

Just kidding... I don't own a helmet. The dogs ate it. Not kidding.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2014, 03:52:18 AM »
I fill my helmet w/ mahogany wasps, and run straight for the bar. By the time I get there everyone says... "Wow, You look like you can use a drink"

Free drinks!

Just kidding... I don't own a helmet. The dogs ate it. Not kidding.

I keep my Queens ( From my hives ) in mine...all the boys (drones) follow us everywhere and no one pushes me around that way  ;)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2014, 04:59:26 AM »
Buzz Crew in da HOUSE!

Now if I said what you said it would be a whole 'nuther forum.
I was still apprehensive about reading that.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2014, 06:14:20 AM »
 ::)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2014, 07:22:05 AM »
We need more smilies. There are a few missing here. :P

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2014, 09:27:06 AM »
 :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2014, 08:44:50 PM »
LOL  8)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()