Author Topic: Help! RPM adjust removed  (Read 1466 times)

z333

• View Profile
Help! RPM adjust removed
« on: November 21, 2014, 05:49:40 AM »
Hi there! My angry ex basically ripped apart/off any parts easily damaged on my '09 Venox along with kicking her over. I've got most of it back to how it should be (more or less) except the mirrors, and idle/choke adjustment. I have the screw, but I don't know where it goes. Could someone please send me a pic of where the adjustment goes to, and possibly the assembly removed? The bit I have and can't find the home for is the little black headed knob on the right side of the engine between the carbs, and a rubber tube attached to it that terminates in a little threaded end. Am I missing a piece, or can I simply not find where to put it? Pic attached. I love this bike, she's taken me on a 964 mile trip 4 times now, through a flood, all along with being my daily ride, with no issues until this idle deal and some bogging down from a sticky carb float before her last carb clean. I want her back to how she should be, and beyond this little issue, a carb clean, oil change, mirrors, and paint, we're almost there. The right side of the engine is shown in the second pic with the adjustment placed where it came from and circled in red. All I need to know is where the end goes. OOOOH! Or can I entirely bypass any need for it by adjusting the throttle to stay on just enough to keep her idling where she should be? Or is that bad for her? In either case I'd like to get the idle adjustment back on, but I shall see if this will work as a temporary fix.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:07:48 PM by z333 »

max oradea

• View Profile
Re: Help! Idle adjust removed
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:59:56 AM »
Hi sorry to hear that, the plastic knob goes on the right rear engine cover plate, there should be a latch on it that the cable should slide into. the other end is on the left side of the carburetor,if you look carefully on the throttle body there should be a mark where the stopper screw usually hit on closed throttle position.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:11:18 AM »
It's hard to see in the Pict. Is there a tapered end on that screw? Or does it end flat?

I'm asking to see if it is a choke pull lever or an idle mix screw.

I can be more help in have the girl taken care of... I know a guy that knows a guy.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

z333

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 06:32:32 AM »
It ends flat. I know where it sat, in the little metal stirrup, but I cant figure out where the end goes. A pic is worth a thousand words, though yours may have helped, I'll let you know if I get it. edit: still no luck. Tempting offer zombie, lol, but I figure it's best just to leave her in the past where she belongs. She was diagnosed as schizophrenic while we were dating, so I can't blame her TOO much. Putting another pic of it set where its supposed to sit on the bike on the first post for further clarification. I just need to know where the end goes.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:17:24 AM by z333 »

z333

• View Profile
Re: Help! RPM adjust removed
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 01:54:41 AM »
I freakin found it! Thanks to Max Oradea's post in 'New Member - gas draining question.' which was just about the pic I needed, I discovered the other little bit the throttle turns on the left side of the bike, which my rudely removed idle adjustment sits right under! I now see what you were referring to with your reply here, Max. Now, question is, how to get it back in there. Lol. Needless to say I'm pretty new to motorcycles, or mechanic work in general. I do believe I'll be referring to a carb clean post on here next so I don't have to pay for another, during which I'll reinstall that lil puppy. Is there a carb clean thread?... On second thought, after reading around a little, I think I'll pay for a pro for that one, and stick around to pop my idle screw back in.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:08:05 AM by z333 »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 02:18:02 AM »
Search for a thread by Bet&losen. He posted up a very detailed carb cleaning series. You can also search YouTube for just about anything under the sun.If you go thru Youtube watch several of them. They don;t have to be model specific. It helps weed out the mistakes that some post up.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

z333

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 07:07:58 AM »
Word, thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()