Author Topic: Is your Kymco made in China?  (Read 14743 times)

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
Re: Is your Kymco made in China?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 04:45:14 PM »
You had a really nice train of thought going with your take on global economics, and the role the US plays in it.
Then you go to ruin it by talking about these cheap scooters again.
Freekin scooters!

I was on Chinadominationforum.com earlier and they were talking about scooters too. Go figure.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 06:01:51 PM »
For the keen, Chinese Kymcos do not yet match the plastics mold quality of the Taiwanese Kymcos. This can be verified by carefully looking at the body panels, especially down the edges. Try a Like against a Compagno or Sento, or a Super 8 against a Super 9 or Movie 150. Taiwanese Kymcos will likely have smoother, more uniform edges and paint. Chinese Kymcos are by no means poor bikes, but there can be a discernable plastic quality difference depending where the bike is made. For the moment, cost conscious and price sensitive models will come from China. Premium models will come from Taiwan.
I've had a whole lot of my Chinese made LIKE parts & plastic panels in my hands over the past year. The Taiwanese made Kymcos must be beauties - because I'm finding no faults in my LIKE's construction. The quality of the scoot impresses me considering the modest purchase price. (I've a pretty good eye for quality - having owned German made cars for 40 years)
Looking forward to owning a Taiwanese Kymco or SYM some day!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
(Snip)

Such is the trouble of capitalism. We assume the invisible hand acts in the interest of the people for our best. In contrast, it acts to grow and consume at any cost. Overfishing is good for business, because when bluefin tuna get rare, those with money will pay a pretty penny to have it. Those without will do without and without and without, until there is nothing left to sustain us. Wait until it's a commodity like clean water that is in short supply in a first world former superpower.

In the case of the bluefin tuna you need to point at japan. They are the the guilty party as far as giant bluefin. The best bluefin in the US ,unless you caught it yourself, goes through Japanese hands first.

Shrimping bycatch  on the other hand is a American thing.........

Be big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »

I was on Chinadominationforum.com earlier and they were talking about scooters too. Go figure.

I hear they are working on Flotation pods for their cheap arse scooters. Apparently the plan is to attack California by Sea Scooter. That's what I read on the Internet anyway....
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:29:49 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 10:26:08 PM »
I hear they are working on Flotation pods for there cheap arse scooters. Apparently the plan is to attack California by Sea Scooter. That's what I read on the Internet anyway....

Dude you crack me up !

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2014, 10:29:09 PM »
It gets me too. I have no idea where half this crap I post comes from. BUT I do laugh my arse off.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »
Zombie...does this work??  http://www.iflscience.com/technology/solar-plant-achieves-supercritical-steam

Love ya Porkie.
I do live in Carrabelle Florida. I moved here to be able to slow down my life style, and help as many people as I can.
 I HATE hemp wearing Hippies more than Cartman (southpark). They do NOTHING but dream of "better ways" but are too self absorbed to get off their stoned asses to do anything.

The reason we do not drill here is obvious to everyone but you Porkie... We are keeping our oil so when it is all depleted we will still have oil on tap. STUPID THINKING!!! Ours will be used up eventually, and no amount of $$$ will change that.

I work VERY hard to develop new ideas, and one of them is a new method of producing Ethanol (if we insist on internal combustion). I have designed a concentric distillation column that runs on a vacuum assist system that is powered by solar heated water. The natural circulation (hot/cold) provides the vacuum, and the 160^ water is MORE than enough to distill ethanol from whatever you wish. Meaning I have developed a FREE way to distill ethanol, and actually create electrical energy to sell back to the grid.

I am working with several people around the world to verify my designs, and figure a way to implement the idea into reality. The math is all there, and computer models have proven the design. J&G Labs have donated their software to run the simulations. I am at this moment seeking investors in the PRIVATE sector to begin prototype trials.

Being in Fl. we can grow stock crop year round so in all seriousness I believe I can single handedly change the way fuel is produced.

What have you done today...

Politics is a lie. The country  (US) is run the same way a Crack Head runs their budget. SPEND IT ALL because we can always steal more money.

You will of course think I am talking out my sphincter so if you are inclined pm me for more details on the column/vacuum system. I am MORE than happy to share the details, and the math involved. You will need someone to translate it all into easy terms but it is all developed, and waiting for believers that are willing to change the way we do things. Can I count you in for 150g's? Perhaps a donation of land to get this project off the ground? The Federal, and State tax incentives alone are worth looking into...

http://www.ethanolrfa.org/pages/tax-incentives

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/law/OK/6091

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/laws/FL/tech/3252

No joke my friend.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2014, 04:01:15 AM »
I'm not so sure... What they are claiming is physically impossible. Steam yes... but increased pressure no. Water has certain properties that cannot be changed (pure water). Ie; boils at 212* sea level no matter how much heat you throw at it. Same for steam pressure. It will gain pressure as you increase power but there is a limit. There are actually charts that list the pressures/temps.

Now if you pull a vacuum all the temps lower Ie: boil point/steam transition points but I have not studied steam as a heat source. I am looking at vaporizing ethanol / water compounds at 104*f.
The idea came when I installed a polybutalyne pipe system on the roof of my house to pre heat water for the hot water heater. I found the AVG YEARLY temp of the water is 140*f with the summer months (8) producing 160* constant supply. My water heater now became a buffer tank to lower the water temp to 115* (tap temp)

Those collection farms you linked to are in use but the main issue appears to be the amount of energy used is almost nullifying the energy produced. Basically a wash. (Pun for sure).

I also have ideas that can modify those farms as in auto magnetic tracking systems to follow the suns energy but I have never put pen t paper on the energy requirements.

I am looking more into producing ethanol as a fuel from infinitely renewable resources such as sugar/corn sorgum/ect... The secret ingredient is vacuum. The vacuum can be created by harnessing the differential in water temps, and using that natural circulation to power the venturi's that reduce the atmospheric pressure inside a completely new concept in concentric distillation columns.
Besides the power available from solar heated water I have designed a distillation column within a distillation column. The design is 1/2 the height of any other existing column (producing the same grade product), and it uses the heat energy from the inner/outer column to stabilize the temps of each other. Meaning the ambient temp losses are minimized while making the entire process 10 times more energy efficient.

The whole concept came about in researching petrol chemical distillation columns, and how they can be scaled down to produce Ethanol at home. Once I began to learn the concepts/formulas/design flaws of the current systems in use it began to snowball into an Edison moment. The light clicked on, and I submitted 8 months of development numbers to J&G engineering laboratories. They agreed to donate their software/time to run a simulation program of the columns'vacuum system, and the numbers proved out to 97%. Meaning the petrol chemical columns that run at 68-84% around the world have not matched the efficiency of the design I developed in just 8 months.

So to answer you question... What they are doing is not practical. Water is used without recovery, and the design produces around 13% return on energy.
I am returning 97%, and I am also producing a fuel that can be used in any form to power every existing vehicle on the planet. Plus there is NO loss of water. It is all recirculated./ recycled.

Not to shabby for a dead guy that eats mushrooms/weird seeds/smokes hippie grass (just to be able to sleep. Never during the day), raises killer dogs as house pets, and rides 50cc scooters in Carrabelle Fl..
Pm me for the digits ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:09:01 AM by zombie »

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2014, 07:30:34 AM »
Not shabby at all , Zombie-

I'm considered somewhat of a Science Nerd, but- more so in life sciences/biology/medical science. In other words... ya lost me with the engineering math .

I still have my qualms about Ethanol and what it does to ' gum things up' , though. And... I would support more Hemp use than I would corn ( which can feed people OR livestock-which can also feed people ) .
But- then, again , seeds/mushrooms and hippie grasses can feed people too .

Good luck in your experimentation and let us know when you make Big Bucks on it. After all...you tell us how much you love us - right ???  8)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2014, 02:16:08 AM »
I am definitely a "share the wealth kinda guy. As long as the dogs are fed, and the house bills paid there is no use for extra $$$'s

Unless you consider a full length chinchilla coat and a tanning bed necessities. Maybe my own aircraft carrier too. So I can ride my Scoot in the Indian ocean. Just thinking out loud...

The good side of pure ethanol (not blended fuel) is if your vehicle breaks down you can always run a straw into the fuel cell, and keep yourself happy while waiting for a tow. Just add a few olives, and kick back.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2014, 04:54:39 AM »

:) :) :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8)

I am definitely a "share the wealth kinda guy. As long as the dogs are fed, and the house bills paid there is no use for extra $$$'s

Unless you consider a full length chinchilla coat and a tanning bed necessities. Maybe my own aircraft carrier too. So I can ride my Scoot in the Indian ocean. Just thinking out loud...

The good side of pure ethanol (not blended fuel) is if your vehicle breaks down you can always run a straw into the fuel cell, and keep yourself happy while waiting for a tow. Just add a few olives, and kick back.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()