Author Topic: Fuel vacuum issues, please help  (Read 11875 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel vacuum issues, please help
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2014, 03:18:01 AM »
For sure... There are a few plug, and play cdi's on ebay. One from Scooter assassins but it is double the price. The wiring guide is here on the forum when you are ready.

I was just looking for the post but I will remember what the colors are.

The stator is again... easy. You have to pull the flywheel (again), and there are two 8mm bolts + 2 more for the little trigger coil. You just unplug the old one, and plug the new one in.

All this crap is worth the effort. The bike will get around 80-100 MPG, and is a reliable little thing once you get it all updated. 
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »
Nice man thanks so much will be checking all that stuff this week, also will be sending back the tester this week sometime as well.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »
All is good my Brother. Keep us informed.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2014, 08:59:15 PM »
okay zombie, your going to enjoy this. I have a no spark issue even when bike is cold, I checked ground from starter even took it off cleaned it up with some sandpaper made it all nice and shinny again along with the frame there. I checked every connection there is on the wiring and they were all tight and for the most part pretty clean. now I can not for the life of me find any other grounds wires at all the only one I see is the ground to the starter nothing else on the frame at all and nothing near the battery. I am assuming I should order up the cdi box correct, is there a way to test the stator or just order that too? thanks. I made a quick draw of the wire harness as I chased it coming out of the steering column and down the bike, but I didnt see any wires that would even be grounds they were all connected and the only loose wires I have are the positive for battery and the negative for battery, thanks cant post sketch it says to big and i dont know how to resize

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2014, 01:42:33 AM »
Alrighty then... The Green wires in the harness are ground. One of them should tie into the black that goes to the battery.
You can pick it up at any point and add it to either the frame connection or the black wire itself. I THINK it is grounded on the mount for the voltage rectifier. That is on a welded plate that is behind the front cowl on the steering head. That connection could be loose.

Chances are it is JUST the CDI but like I said I always replace both the CDI, and the Stator. Saves time because it is a 50/50 shot as to which.

The manual (zx 50) is in the Kymco Links thread on the second page. It's under General here.

To resize the Dwg. you can Rt click it, and you should see Edit". That should open it in Paint, and the top left will show Re-Size"
I think the forum takes either 128 or 98kb. I forget which so shoot for the lower one.

F'n scooters...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2014, 05:58:49 AM »
The first one is plug, and play.

The second one is just as good but we need to figure the re-wire,
I forget what the wires are but it is posted here somewhere...

I would spend the few extra bucks if you don't want to search the forum.

I have actually bought both, and there is no difference. If I weren't stoned/drunk/generally F'd up I would search.
Guess what.... All of the above. Usually.

Try zx 50 cdi... search or tzr or txr whatever it is. I know it's posted here somewhere.

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2014, 01:23:38 PM »
lol...gotcha man, no problem. thanks

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2014, 01:12:58 AM »
zombie, been caught up with work but your leak down tester is still on my work bench will be shipping it back out to you tomorrow, cant thank you enough for that and sorry it has taken me a while to get it back to you. I ordered the plug and play cdi box just to keep it simple for me. Will keep you posted on the progress and hopefully it will be up and running soon as it gets here.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2014, 01:15:01 AM »
lol...gotcha man, no problem. thanks

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2014, 01:38:43 PM »
zombie,   your tester should be to you soon, dont forget to look inside it, thanks again man!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2014, 04:15:03 PM »
You're more than welcome.

I hope you didn't put a puppy in the box. People are ALWAYS sending me puppies.
Just once I'd like to get an Orangutan.

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »
thats funny, yeah i hope his water bowl stays upright during shipping....

super50zx

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:00 AM »
quick question.....was just reading some post on here and was wondering what is the best way to check the oil pump that it is working? should the line running into the carb from the "oil pump area" be full? in other words if i pull the hose off the carb that feeds the oil should it come pouring out? I have just noticed that during all of my trying to fix my scoot that my oil level has not gone down that much at all during prior use, have always made a habit of keeping the tank topped off though. but I just want to be sure I am getting proper oil flowing, thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2014, 03:08:09 AM »
Looking at the pump from the left side of the engine there is a phillips head screw on the body of the pump. That screw is actually a drain/bleeder screw. You remove that screw, and the oil will slowly drip out of the hole letting you know oil is getting to the pump.

Sadly there is no way to monitor if the pump is actually working until you get a seize up of the engine. You will never notice the level going down on just a few 1 mile runs of the bike. The oil reserve should last approx 4 - 5 tanks of fuel or an average of 50 to one running ratio. At times like idle it goes as low as 100:1.

I felt better removing the pump, and Pre mixing but I have also only heard of one pump failure on any Kymco, and I think it was one of Batmans bikes so any number of things may have happened to cause the failure.

If you are ever unsure of the pump just do a spark plug check. The plug will be burnt white from the heat of no oil.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()