Author Topic: Turning with the 16 inch tires?  (Read 1028 times)

Mscmkr

• View Profile
Turning with the 16 inch tires?
« on: May 18, 2014, 01:52:10 AM »
I have another question about the People. I just test rode one and noticed there is a pretty big difference turning the 12 inch tires on the Like compared to the 16 inch tires on the People. I found myself having to kinda hit the brakes a couple times going into a turn because I felt I had to fight the bike a bit to get it to turn. It didn't seem to want to. On my Like I almost hip turn that one with ease. The People feels like it doesn't want to lean into a turn.
    Is this something you get used to pretty quickly? Or is there a bit of a learning curve moving from the smaller tires to the larger ones?

Thanks again everyone and ride safe, mscmkr

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Turning with the 16 inch tires?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 02:23:51 AM »
Learning curve. Lean more, and turn the bars less.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »
I have a 10 inch tire scooter and 16 inch people, I notice little difference, maybe the tires were low on air. The 16" tires are far more stable at high speeds. 
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 08:14:34 AM »
This bike was used and had been dropped. There may have been something wrong with the steering. There was a pretty bad rattle coming from the top case and the rear end. It was strange, it just didn't seem to want to turn. I test rode a Downtown Thursday and that turned as smooth as silk.

Thanks for the info and ride safe, mscmkr

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »
My toaster doesn't cook the bread. Is it something I did or is that normal for all toasters?

Oh yeah. I forgot to say I cut the cord off to tie the trunk shut on my car.

Dude... A wrecked bike won't turn... Is that normal? No it's you. :o
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()