Author Topic: Bet Win 2006 Carb. Vacuum line from manifold to carb?  (Read 4472 times)

bobmoorman

• View Profile
Bet Win 2006 Carb. Vacuum line from manifold to carb?
« on: December 06, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »
I would very much appreciate information regarding the Bet win 250 carb setup. I just rebuilt the engine and can't seem to find a Vacuum connector on the carb. There is normally a connection near the diaphragm. I have a hose/line coming from the canister . I disconnect the vacuum and no change in idle. Thank you for your assistance!

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Bet Win 2006 Carb. Vacuum line from manifold to carb?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
Here's some info from the manual. The pics are tough to see but might help?
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Trancebear

• Sucker For Discontinued Scooters
  • Retired Micro$oft Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 02:45:41 AM »
I would very much appreciate information regarding the Bet win 250 carb setup. I just rebuilt the engine and can't seem to find a Vacuum connector on the carb. There is normally a connection near the diaphragm. I have a hose/line coming from the canister . I disconnect the vacuum and no change in idle. Thank you for your assistance!

I just replaced my carb with a bigger one and the only line that came to the stock carb besides the fuel line is a line from the back of the scooter. I blocked it off and no issues. My new carb had no vacumn lines available.
My Name Is Chris Y'all
2014 BMW 650GT
2014 Kymco MyRoad 700 Modded
2006 Kymco B&W 250
Threw Away All The Chinese Scoots

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 12:30:18 AM »
I just replaced my carb with a bigger one and the only line that came to the stock carb besides the fuel line is a line from the back of the scooter. I blocked it off and no issues. My new carb had no vacumn lines available.

Thanks,
I lost the drain plug on the bottom of my stock carb last night and I ordered a replacement but while I'm waiting I want to attach and test an aftermarket Keihin CVK 30 carb.  I was wondering did you remove / unplug the Throttle Sensoer aka Throttle Position Sensor from the stock carb because I noticed none of the aftermarket carbs seem to come with a TPS and probably never will now that fuel injection it being used on most of the maxi scooters.
PaulC

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 01:07:43 AM »
A fuel injection system will not work without a TPS. Also a fuel injected bike does not have a carb. It is a throttle body. It does no metering or mixing of the fuel. Its only function is to allow air into the engine, and the TPS is one part of letting the computer know how/when to inject fuel. The other part that meters fuel is the MAF sensor or Manifold Air Flow.

You COULD remove the computer, and Ignition Control System, and install a carb jetted correctly, and have a normal running engine but the components will not mix/match.

As for the ECS or VRS (evaporative control system/vapor recovery system) or whatever Kymco calls it... That hose is not a vacuum line from the canister. It is a vacuum line from whatever it connects to. Usually the Intake manifold or the EGR system (exhaust gas re circulatory system) If it connects to the egr it will link up into the blow by vent from the valve cover or cylinder head.
 Sooo If that liner is detached from the engine but still attached to the canister you will feel no vacuum but there will be a vacuum leak on the engine fitting it came off of.

Easiest way to find a vacuum leak is good ears. Listen for a whistle.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrbios

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 01:55:43 AM »
A fuel injection system will not work without a TPS. ...

One of the issues I uncovered is that their is confusion regarding the TPS and carburetors.  About the year 2000 manufactures like Honda, Kymco, Suzuki on motorcycles like the DRZ 400, etc started putting a TPS on the carburetor and (I believe) using it to control the spark advance electronically. 

Many times when the word TPS comes up automatically people think it must be fuel injected as carburetors don't have / need / use a TPS but in fact they have been in use for around the last 15 years. Pull up the manual for my 2005 Kymco GV and similiar years of the People 250 etc and you can confirm this for yourself.  Or google part # 1614-834-2100

Further adding to the confusion is most manufactures are in transition switching the carbureted GY6 250cc and other motors from carb to EFI.  That makes people incorrectly assume if you definitely have a TPS you must have the fuel injected model.

See attached picture. 
PaulC

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 02:08:27 AM »
Thank you for clarifying this. As you noticed I assumed it to be an EFI bike. The underlying issue still applies however. Without the tps ready "carb" the engine will not run right.

I'll see if I can remember to look this up to find out exactly what Kymco's version of a TPS does.
Thanks! :)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrbios

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 03:53:52 AM »
Thank you for clarifying this. As you noticed I assumed it to be an EFI bike. The underlying issue still applies however. Without the tps ready "carb" the engine will not run right.

I'll see if I can remember to look this up to find out exactly what Kymco's version of a TPS does.
Thanks! :)

Your welcome.  I put it out there make it more visible.  My scoot runs great except the off-idle hesitation. As I dug into the issue I learned more than I ever wanted to about carburetors which are entering retirement (especially since Fuel Injection is really in high gear). I made a video and have lots of pictures to share what I learned. I'm excited that FI has come to scooters since so many spend time sitting and get these awful clog issues like what happened to mine from the original owner.
PaulC

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 04:21:11 AM »
There are LOTS of very good reasons for FI on every type of engine. I too am happy to see it coming to scoots.
Carbs are the #1 reason for forgotten/yard sale bikes that just needed a cleaning.

This forum is proof in the pudding every spring.

mrbios

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 06:56:28 AM »
There are LOTS of very good reasons for FI on every type of engine. I too am happy to see it coming to scoots.
Carbs are the #1 reason for forgotten/yard sale bikes that just needed a cleaning.

This forum is proof in the pudding every spring.

Down with carbs and long live FI!  -Just kidding. 
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()