Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1294 times)

Shamiyim

• View Profile
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:08 PM »
Hi, just a new member that just purchased a 2007 people 50cc. Has 1600 miles on it and appears in good condition. I took it for my first ride today and seemed slow on the take off for the first couple of mile then seemed to be a bit snappier. Lost speed going up a hill ( I weigh 170) which I presume is normal? Seems to run 30-35 on the flat fairly consistent. I understand there are some ways to get a little better performance out of this little engine (not expecting a lot), if anyone has any suggestion I would appreciate them.
Thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 01:33:56 AM »
Welcome to the "about to have a stroke club"!

There are TONS of things to make your scoot as sick as you can bear.
Before you ask, "What kinda' things" read as much of all the 50cc threads as you can stand. If you say "Ok I did BUT"

Vivo will come help you comprehend what you read! He's one of those guys that just don't give a darn. Know what I mean?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »
Welcome!!

I have a 05' People 50 and it's good for a solid 44mph on the flats (no head wind) but I don't know what sort of things were done to basically de-restrict it.
I would do just as zombie recommended, and read up on what can be done to remove restrictions and squeeze a few more MPH out of your scooter.

First of all, if it hasn't bee run much, toss a couple glugs of Seafoam in the tank to help clear out the jets and get things as clean as possible. 3 oz. or so will do fine, and then just ride it. I know it sounds like snake oil, but I've watched Seafoam perform miracles. It's available pretty much anywhere, including Walmart.

As far as what's needed to de-restrict it and squeeze another 10 mph out of it, someone else will have to chime in.. Mine has zero modifications.. Stock air filter, exhaust, etc, and as I mentioned, it's capable of just under 45mph.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 10:25:29 PM »
I actually forget what engines are in the People. are they a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke.
I'm pretty sure there are some current threads that can help quite abit. Just forgot which engine...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:39:50 PM »
Pretty sure a 2007 will be a mighty two smoker..  :D

Zip zip zoooooooommmm!!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 11:32:00 PM »
Ahhhh 2T's rule!
Try looking up some of Wordslinger's posts on his People. Or really any 2t 50cc threads.
For starters you have to know what you are comfortable changing (mechanically) Some special tools help like an impact gun to work on the CVT parts but are not mandatory. There are little details to installing every part that really make the difference between improvement, and failure.
The biggest thing is to work on what you feel comfortable with, and do more as you learn what each item does, and how it relates to the next step.

Someone else will know if a CDI change/mod is needed, and then a Variator/clutch kit will improve the feel of the bike. After that a jug kit/pipe/carb can increase power, and top speed. Gear kits are the final step to getting the most out of the bike.
 For ALL 2t's I recommend staying away from Ebay. The parts are under alot of stress, and there is good reason to spend 4-5 times as much for quality parts. Make up a hit list, and you'll get there.

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:14 AM »
I think the CDI work will do what is needed.. The cool thing about that mod is that it's FREE!!

;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 03:16:43 AM »
It it a wire mod or the cutting the case mod? I forgot all that stuff.

Thats the best thing about Alzheimer. You don't know you have it. Or is that VD I'm referring to?
What were we talking about?

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 03:34:27 AM »
Or just buy Zombie's scoot...  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 03:39:31 AM »
It's for sale? WHAAAAAT?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()