Author Topic: Buzzing noise!!  (Read 1028 times)

kidentropy

• View Profile
Buzzing noise!!
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »
Hi, everybody!

just got an almost-new 2009  S200- it only had 1100 kms on it when I got it 2 months ago.
Already cruising on 4 grand!
I love it- comfortable, stable, and really fun to ride.
Today, though, something behind the front grill started to make a terrible buzzing noise.
It comes and goes, and buzzes whether the engine is running or not, as long as the key is turned on.
Sounds like a very bad doorbell, or maybe some relay switch goong off its nut.

Anybody have any experience with this, or at least an idea what it might actually be?
It doesn't seem to affect anything (yet!)

Thanks, and I look forward to hanging out here a lot!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzing noise!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:21:03 AM »
You picked a cool place to chill. There are LOTS of great people here.

The only relay behind the front plastic is the blinker flasher/relay. There is a light control module but I do not think that has any moving parts inside. I could be wrong tho.

Try your blinkers the next time you hear the noise, and see what happens. Same for the headlight actually... Switch between hi, and low beam.

Could also be a short in the horn switch or a horn full of water attempting to ring... ?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Buzzing noise!!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:31:11 AM »
+2 on the blinker relay. Your just gonna have to learn how to take off the chest plastics and look! It's kind off fun, like a puzzle. Take a video of you can't figure out out.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()