Author Topic: shutter/buck  (Read 690 times)

kentrichards1

• View Profile
shutter/buck
« on: April 11, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »
Hi, I'm new to forum and looking for help. My 09 xciting 500 RI started shuttering/bucking last year. Then  wouldnt start. brought it to shop and after 2 months they replaced and said camshaft had to be replaced.i ran it for 10 miles then parked for winter. Took it out this springand ran fine for 40 miles now does same thing.at about 70 MPH it feels like your jumping on the brakes. Shutters jerks slows to about 60 MPH then picks up to 70 and does this repeatedly. Shop is stumped any ideas would be appreciated. It has just under 12,000 miles on it. It also stalls after about a minute of idling. Please help need to ride!!!!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: shutter/buck
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
I would recommend doing the initialization procedure whatever it is since it is electronic fuel injection. The sequence should be in the service manual or lacking that maybe the dealer will share from his. This will initialize the TPS (throttle position sensor) and the ISP ( idle speed control). This seems to solve nearly all the idle, surging dropping dead at the traffic light problems in the other injected Kymco models. Let us know what you find.

By the way, my dealer told me he has yet to get a complaint on the DT300i of poor idle, surging or dying. This tells me that either no one else has had these problems, he has dealt with them like your dealer and/or his techs do not know the procedure or the service manual.

Karl
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:01:57 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

kentrichards1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 02:12:02 AM »
Thanks Karl, i tried the tps /ISP calibration and replaced the battery because its 5 yrs old and getting a bit week. Still doing same thing. When it jerks and slows down i hear a rattle noise. Can't tell if its under the belt cover or engine. Any other suggestions from anyone? 
Sincerely, Kent

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 04:39:55 AM »
This is one that will get in depth because of all the variables... First thing is OLD fuel. Drain the tank, and refill w/ fresh fuel. Add 1 oz. per gallon of Sea Foam, and try to run that tank thru.
The problem may disappear. I am assuming you have a sticking injector or a gummed up screen in the fuel pump.

The rattle is most likely your variator reacting to the change in RPM's.

Have you taken off the CVT cover? If you can please grab the variator, and see if you can move the crankshaft up/down or side to side. It is pretty difficult to judge but it could be crank bearings on either side of the engine. The electrical side is real hard to get to so just try to feel it from the cvt side.

One thing at a time tho... Try the fuel first.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()