Author Topic: True value of this forum  (Read 5830 times)

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Re: True value of this forum
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 02:58:00 AM »
I love the Scooters Unite facebook group. I have posted pictures on that site of my scooter group. I am part of the Nevada Scooter Brigade in Vegas. We need to look out for each other and prove why riding scooters are fun. Who cares what the majority of Jerks in Vegas say about us. I bet many of them have never even been on a scooter. I am happy with my Agility 125. I always look forward to when my club does group rides. Those are always fun. I also love attending the annual Vegas HighRollers Weekend Scooter Rally. The best part of the rally are of course the rides. They are always fun. Happy riding everyone.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 05:13:16 AM »
Makes sense to me, Paper.

I joined Facebook as a last ditch effort to find an old friend ( and did ) .I , mostly, use it to stay in touch with friends/relatives out of state or no longer nearby and a lot of educational things (beekeeping,gardening,home repairs, etc. ) . Other than that I don't do much on it.

I like your reference to the sitting around a Campfire ... one of my favorite things to do after riding, fishing, etc.

As the old saying goes ... "Happy Trails To You"  and all others here  ;D
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Momma bear

• View Profile
True value of this forum
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 12:30:36 PM »
I love this forum. It's part of my daily routine. Before I bought my first scoot I was reading posts as a wannabe. People have been very helpful with advice and also very entertaining. Thank you all!
People300i

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »
a lot of educational things (beekeeping, )

One of my other loves of the campfire attitude is that conversations around campfires take different directions.. Yeah, I'm a terrible topic highjacker. :)

But beekeeping is one of the things I'm going to study soon. I'm in the process of purchasing 10 acres of woods that's surrounded by fields, and would love to get some hives started. I know little about the collection process, but I like honey in my coffee and tea... :)

Momma bear

• View Profile
True value of this forum
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 10:29:42 PM »
Gleanings in bee culture. A magazine my Dad used to get when he had hobby hives.
 Ride safe
People300i

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »
Gleanings in Bee Culture is a great magazine (my Dad actually had one of his photographs on front page once ),ABC's of Beekeeping-Invaluable, Other hobbyists, local Beekeepers groups, online, etc. , etc. ..Many resources available to you. Once you start...you can't stop. Good Luck w/ your property and have fun/learn LOTS from the bees !  ;D
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »
Thanks!!
I found out a good friend's older brother has bees and I've known him for years. I'll be hitting him up for info, as he's just collecting for his family and friends, and I'm planning on the same..
It'll be a while into the future before I can start, but I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can ahead of time..

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 12:39:18 AM »
Thanks!!
I found out a good friend's older brother has bees and I've known him for years. I'll be hitting him up for info, as he's just collecting for his family and friends, and I'm planning on the same..
It'll be a while into the future before I can start, but I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can ahead of time..
Sitting around the camp fire here in the dark , talking about the value of this forum ----and someone just bounced a donut off of your forehead for hijacking another post. But in the dark....I ain't admittin' to nothin'!
(Since we're talking bees, can we talk scion xB's a little? My fav 4 wheeler.         Hey! Who threw the cream filled!)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:41:16 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »
(Since we're talking bees, can we talk scion xB's a little? My fav 4 wheeler.         Hey! Who threw the cream filled!)
Which generation?
I owned an 06' and I own a 09'..
Great cars!!

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 03:56:13 AM »
I get much more than just technical assistance here - I also get encouragement, riding advice, a bit of wisdom and a lot of smiles.
A year ago I came here to educate myself about KYMCO products even before purchasing my LIKE 200i. The info veteran members shared with me was a big reason why I bought this scoot. The members of this forum continue to be a big reason for the enjoyment I get from my scooter.

People share their scootering knowledge and their scootering enjoyment here.
So, I like to come here.

That is exactly what happened with me. The folks on here helped me to decide to buy my Super8 150. Reading posts from actual owners was way more helpful and informative than the generic reviews on other sites.
And even though I'm still a newbie, everyone here has made me feel welcome.   :)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 05:27:06 AM »
You guys are all soooo cute!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
You guys are all soooo cute!
Welcome back to the lovefest.  :-*
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »
Group Hug time.

You all are soooo right. This is one VERY unique forum, and group of people.
 One of you hit the nail on the head. Scooter people, are just good people. Some of us are polished up, and everything is tight. Every bit is inventoried, and accounted for.
Some just run a rag across the seat, jiggle the bars a few time, and light the fire.
Others dump it on it's side at the end of the day, and clean it off by pouring the 1/2 a leftover can of beer all over it. Some loud, some quiet. Some go the distance, and others ride around the block.

In the end we are all just the same...scooter people, and we all live in the same house.
Thanks KF for giving us a place to call our own!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 04:37:37 PM »

In the end we are all just the same...scooter people, and we all live in the same house.
Thanks KF for giving us a place to call our own!
Yeah, yeah... but who moved my cheese?
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 04:45:09 PM »
It was that frigin' Axy guy! I hate Jersey people!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()