Author Topic: Going back to the shop, again  (Read 6444 times)

91cavgt

• View Profile
Re: Going back to the shop, again
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 02:20:16 AM »
So, with this new eBay "sport free-flow LIKE200i exhaust" - did you get any more RPM's or HP's, or at least some more MPG's?
Put some pants on it, Andy ~! - that's quite a sight!
Hang in there '91 -!
Stig

I actually did notice an increase in power.  It was not a huge increase that I could feel, accept for off the line power seems to have increased.  There is a small straight close to my house that I have to go very slow going into it, and there is a round-a-bout at the end of it.  Typically, I can hit about 32-33 mph before having to jam on the brakes for the round-a-bout.  Today, I hit about 37-38 mph before having to jam on the brakes.  Top speed has only slightly increased.  So, it appears as though the mid range power has increased with a small increase in top end power.  I might go this weekend and install some heavier rollers to see if I can get a bit more speed out of my Like with an open exhaust just to see how it responds. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 03:08:25 AM »
Was this due to poor welding?

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 10:59:54 AM »
Was this due to poor welding?

No.  You can see in the pictures that it did not break on any of the welds.  It looks like it started to crack on the backside of the front muffler mount.  Most likely it started to crack when it was very hot from extended full throttle riding on rough roads.  Once it was cracked and formed an exhaust leak, the exhaust leak increased the temp of the metal around the crack which allowed the crack to spread.  This is what I am thinking caused it anyway.  I am not 100% sure though. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Gunther

• View Profile
Going back to the shop, again
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 11:26:50 AM »
Ouch! A small crack, rust plus heat and vibration can do that. Good thing that you can claim still claim warranty for it.

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 05:15:06 PM »
Ouch! A small crack, rust plus heat and vibration can do that. Good thing that you can claim still claim warranty for it.

The crazy part is that my Like has no rust! 

It is kept in a garage that never gets below freezing, I never ride in the rain if I can help it, and Texas does not salt the roads. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 11:54:56 PM »
The dealership just called to let me know that my new exhaust just arrived!!!  So I'll be going to the dealership first thing in the morning to get the new exhaust installed!!!  HURRAY!!!!!   :)
2012 Like 200i  in black

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »
Good news! I wish I was as fortunate. Early this week my dealer called that my warranty parts were on its way. Today they informed Kymco has yet to ship. 😡  So here I am looking at a sunny weekend around 70 degrees a no scooter to ride. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am with Kymco's customer service.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 10:59:05 PM »
The dealership just called to let me know that my new exhaust just arrived!!!  So I'll be going to the dealership first thing in the morning to get the new exhaust installed!!!  HURRAY!!!!!   :)

..woop-woop!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »
Good news! I wish I was as fortunate. Early this week my dealer called that my warranty parts were on its way. Today they informed Kymco has yet to ship. 😡  So here I am looking at a sunny weekend around 70 degrees a no scooter to ride. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am with Kymco's customer service.

I understand.  The second time I took my Like in was for it stumbling, running rough, and the check engine light coming on.  It took them 5 days to reset the check engine light and call me telling me it's fixed.  I picked it up and just 2 miles from the dealership it starts to hesitate and the check engine light comes back on.  So the next day I took it back to the dealer.  After one week, they determined that the throttle position sensor is bad.  3 weeks later Kymco didn't know if they were going to replace just the sensor (for which there is no part number for) or replace the computer and throttle body.  After I started calling and showing up at the dealership every day did they finally decide to replace the throttle body and computer.  2 days later they called to tell me it was ready for me to pick it up.  So yes, I do understand. 

I wasn't able to get the new exhaust installed yesterday as I had to go out of town at the last minute.  Since my local dealership is closed on Sunday and Monday, I have to wait till Tuesday to get it replaced. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »
Let's hope we're both back to riding soon.

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »
HURRAY!!! 

I was able to ride to my dealer today and the new exhaust is on my Like now!  I forgot just how quit it is. 

When I went to leave, I heard some rattling that sounded like it was coming from the motor/exhaust area.  So I bent down and found it to be my center stand.  It appears as though one of the bolts has fallen out and only one bolt was holding it on!  Luckily, I keep tools in my Like and was able to remove the center stand and ride home.  Now I need to find a matching bolt and put the center stand back on. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 05:33:05 AM »
After reading about your muffler cracking and falling apart.  I got a funny story to tell you.  Last Week, I was on my way to fill my wife's Like with motion lotion and I was at a stop sign.  Everything was fine then I heard a loud sound coming from a muffler.  I thought: Oh no, my wife's new Like  muffler is cracking.  I look down but the muffler was okay.  It turned out that the loud muffler sound was my neighbor's Harley.  He was right behind me.

From the Great Nation called Texas. Oops I mean the Great State called Texas

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 06:18:11 AM »
HURRAY!!! 

I was able to ride to my dealer today and the new exhaust is on my Like now!  I forgot just how quit it is. 

When I went to leave, I heard some rattling that sounded like it was coming from the motor/exhaust area.  So I bent down and found it to be my center stand.  It appears as though one of the bolts has fallen out and only one bolt was holding it on!  Luckily, I keep tools in my Like and was able to remove the center stand and ride home.  Now I need to find a matching bolt and put the center stand back on.

If it's not one thing it's another. Lol hopefully after you replace the bolt you'll be good to go.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()